Expired Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore] Aunt Jemima Pancakes and Syrup .97c after coupons YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2019 6:17 pm
Sep 10, 2017
157 posts
130 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 3:47 pm
I appreciate the diligence, but how much is your labor worth? These sound like tips and tricks from the depressionary 30s.
Well if I'm making pancakes im already at the stove, putting some water in a pot throwing sugar in takes me about 30 seconds, plus about a minute to wash the pan. Let's just say the total time is about 2 minutes to save $2, that's $60 per hour after tax, or about $87/hr before tax (30% tax assumed). Proabbly a bit lower if you include the cost to run your stove. End of the day it's not significant financially either way.

To me its more about having syrup without preservatives and colouring that made making my own syrup worthwhile. And I guess seeing how much sugar went in psychologically makes you have less, proabbly boosting life expectancy by some tiny amount.

I don't make my own anymore since I just buy real delicious maple syrup.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4389 posts
516 upvotes
Scarborough
ymlccc wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 3:46 pm
now, where can we get them whipped butter from?? like the one from McDonald (it is a serious question by the way)
I *think* you can get them from the "business" costco (along with a bunch of other bulk condiments), dunno if Montreal has any though
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
11733 posts
12112 upvotes
bipster wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 4:31 pm
Well if I'm making pancakes im already at the stove, putting some water in a pot throwing sugar in takes me about 30 seconds, plus about a minute to wash the pan. Let's just say the total time is about 2 minutes to save $2, that's $60 per hour after tax, or about $87/hr before tax (30% tax assumed). Proabbly a bit lower if you include the cost to run your stove. End of the day it's not significant financially either way.

To me its more about having syrup without preservatives and colouring that made making my own syrup worthwhile. And I guess seeing how much sugar went in psychologically makes you have less, proabbly boosting life expectancy by some tiny amount.

I don't make my own anymore since I just buy real delicious maple syrup.
Fair statements. Thank you.
Dec 16, 2018
132 posts
325 upvotes
Anyone who doesn't use real maple syrup is a savage.
There are people so damn poor all they have is their money.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1144 posts
724 upvotes
British Columbia
marc_t wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 9:50 am
please don't buy Aunt Jemima / table syrup

it's pure, total, absolute crap... made from high-fructose corn syrup, it's the fast way to diabetes

get the good stuff, REAL maple syrup! Not only this will encourage local Canadian producers, your body will thank you.

edit: of course, maple syrup is still sugar so use sparingly
Sheesh. Do you go in the threads on other junk food deals and talk about what garbage they are? Syurp is obviously not the healthiest product out there.

The good news is, I use it about 3 times a year and very sparingly at that.

Thanks OP, I'll keep an eye out for this deal next time I'm in Superstore.
Oct 13, 2016
186 posts
164 upvotes
In a galaxy far far …
an interesting dynamic going on by health conscious RFDers who prioritize health above deals. I applaud you.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4389 posts
516 upvotes
Scarborough
Badbrad wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 6:41 pm
an interesting dynamic going on by health conscious RFDers who prioritize health above deals. I applaud you.
Naw it's just the new years resolutions....give it a few weeks...
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9664 posts
2324 upvotes
one year my company bought all employees a bottle of Canadian maple syrup for some staff event, it was like 20$ a bottle, supposed to be one of the best on the market was the word on the street. brought it home, none of us or our kids really liked it, it was OK, but we prefer the non maple syrup, such as aunt Jemima's in our house.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
1062 posts
973 upvotes
Whitby
Dollerama carries alot of the syrup and pancake. Check there.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1041 posts
648 upvotes
Vancouver
@John8graz I think that Superstore caught on lol.. this morning this was the price with no peelables
Images
  • 20190110_094554.jpg