• Nov 9th, 2018 6:00 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
1518 posts
1224 upvotes
Toronto
Otugrapes wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 6:30 am

Can you link to the thread? I've been looking for something like this!
Here's the link:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/family- ... y-2043372/
hamandcheese wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 7:55 am

$15/month x 12 months ÷ 6 users = $30/year per user. Sounds like the head of your household is getting a discount. Spotify does not charge tax if that's what you're thinking.
Oh I see now, thanks for the head's up. Some of the newer posts in that thread are claiming there are no taxes. When it first started, everyone in that thread was collecting based on taxes for the province they are in. Maybe they didn't realize at first it wouldn't have tax on it.

Truthfully I don't care about paying an extra $4 even if taxes weren't charged. Organzing it all costs time and energy, year after year. If my family gets a discount from these cards, it can keep all the savings. I'll just see it as incentives to keep the group going. I don't want to go through the hassle of finding a new one.
Aug 2, 2018
8 posts
4 upvotes
toronto_slim wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 9:06 am
1. The “Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use”, which can be found at https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/legal/end-user-agreement/, form part of these Card Terms. The Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use may include terms and conditions in respect of the collection and use of personal data, general provisions regarding the services offered by Spotify, choice of law, mandatory arbitration (where applicable) and venue.
2. The Card is redeemable for full price standalone Premium subscription months only and cannot be redeemed for discounted or group subscriptions (such as student discounts, trial offers, Premium for families, or offers combining Premium with other companies’ products or services).

you're welcome
Whew. Thank you for posting this before I ran out and bought a few cards. I have a family account and would have been kicking myself for not looking. Winking Face
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
10256 posts
16274 upvotes
Scarborough
toronto_slim wrote:
1. The “Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use”, which can be found at https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/legal/end-user-agreement/, form part of these Card Terms. The Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use may include terms and conditions in respect of the collection and use of personal data, general provisions regarding the services offered by Spotify, choice of law, mandatory arbitration (where applicable) and venue.
2. The Card is redeemable for full price standalone Premium subscription months only and cannot be redeemed for discounted or group subscriptions (such as student discounts, trial offers, Premium for families, or offers combining Premium with other companies’ products or services).

you're welcome
Looks like I'm out then. Wish it worked like Netflix gift cards.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Feb 7, 2011
26 posts
6 upvotes
Mississauga
Not really a hot deal....shoppers has buy 10 months get 12 months cards for 99.00
May 31, 2015
95 posts
104 upvotes
AB
Doesn't work with family plan... Well I'm out then, I was going to buy 3 and prepay for next year lol
Koodo 6GB $40
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1320 posts
326 upvotes
Markham
hamandcheese wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 7:55 am
$15/month x 12 months ÷ 6 users = $30/year per user. Sounds like the head of your household is getting a discount. Spotify does not charge tax if that's what you're thinking.
I said about $35~

But yes, it does come to $30 per user. Typically they charge $35 cause they're the one going out and arranging the group. You're more then welcome to start a group and charge $30 instead.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1601 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
JohnMc1567 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 12:51 am
Unpopular opinion: who pays for Spotify when you can keep making accounts and use free trials ;)
people who don't mind spending $30 a year on a family plan... Making accounts is too much work for the working person. Maybe if money was tight or I was in college, but what's $30 a year? Not much.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3197 posts
1628 upvotes
Toronto
toronto_slim wrote:

you're welcome
Lol, what the???!!! I almost went and got one today and put it off, I am on a family plan and was going to use it for that. Dodged a bullet there.
FreezingCanada wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2015 5:41 pm
We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?