Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore] Haier 65UF2505 65" 4k TV for $337 (YMMV!)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2019 1:27 am
Dec 27, 2007
16857 posts
7966 upvotes
Kitchener
CheapWinnipeger wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:11 pm
I didn't have any proof (receipt or picture) of the $337 anyway, but one sales rep did mention that they don't price match TVs. I've also been told that they don't PM other Superstores in other provinces.
Correct and correct.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2013 posts
635 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
aasoror wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:21 pm
It's a clearance price, it was $600 on sale with $800 reg tag at RCSS if it makes you feel any better Winking Face
Those price points make sense. I think it was about $600 at Wal-Mart when we bought it last year around October and returned it. I forgot to mention (although maybe this is obvious) that it has no Smart features, which is something we decided we wanted. Ultimately, I'm glad we returned it, because I'd be ripping my hair out to see it at $337! When I bargain for an electronics item, I figure I ended up with a good bargain if a year later, it would still be a decent bargain. Small victories haha. With this Haier, that wouldn't have been the case by a longshot!
"So let it be e-mailed - so let it be done!"
Dec 27, 2007
16857 posts
7966 upvotes
Kitchener
Sephran wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 11:07 am
So when I looked at the 50" panel for reviews and stuff, they said it had no smart connectivity (not a big deal with a cheap chromecast or other plug in) and the 4k is not true UHD/HDR whatever. But.. 65"'s replacing a 37" 1080p... i mean.. still worth?
Haier doesn't make their own TVs they just brand them, whatever you read on the 50" sets doesn't necessarily apply on other 50" Haier sets (or even same line of different size).
There is no HDR capabilities claimed for this TV (just 120hz full motion blah blah, which means some backlight trickery on top of the 60hz native panel) and it's as UHD as any other UHD advertised TV will be (IIRC no reports of RGBW panels for the Haiers at this size).
Dec 27, 2007
16857 posts
7966 upvotes
Kitchener
bananaclouds wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 11:11 am
Was really interested but the reviews seem quite poor in terms of it's Reliability. Alot of people complaining of issues with the panel one year after ownership.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeown ... er_tv.html
Which panel ? Of all the 85 reviews there are only 4 reviews mentioning 65" (of which just one mentions an actual model number, find below) and they are 5 stars reviews. The only thing common to all these reports is that they are of tons of different TVs branded by Haier, nothing more.
Haier-65UF2505-65-in.-4K-Ultra-HD-LED-TV. Purchased from Costco (Newmarket, ON). Clerk was negative because it was a Chinese company... What isn't made in China! Price point was superior to all others offering same features. You have a 90 day return policy (test drive period), 2 year warranty and an extended warranty for three more years ($60). At $750 what do you have to lose... It then becomes a throw away like many other items we buy today. Sound is tiny and customising the settings isn't very good but a decent sound bar which can be used for years will make the difference. Good picture with several options to view. Cost with extended warranty for five years is $162/year. Go for it. Maybe some of the other manufacturers might consider adjusting their market price to accommodate the changing demographics. I do think some of them are greedy. Like appliances only a handful of manufacturers make all the units and brand name them.
Mar 9, 2009
213 posts
76 upvotes
most of the people who complain about these TVs are the people that spent 2k on a Samsung that now has a black or grey line through the screen

I used to buy high end TVs...not anymore. Get something cheap with a CC warranty or costco...If you get a shitty panel return it right away

Feed this TV a good source and it will look very good
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1137 posts
147 upvotes
Ottawa
Called the 3 closest locations to Toronto and non had it.
Dec 27, 2007
16857 posts
7966 upvotes
Kitchener
junglemage666 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:15 pm
Picture of receipt please, as I asked that store they said it was never that price. Probably they lied
Probably he didn't, if you are following recent TV threads for RCSS you would find few threads for highly YMMV, store specific, crazy clearance deals at extremely limited stock. RCSS doesn't keep tabs on inventory at other branches so rep has no way to tell beside what he can sees in his own store system.
I'd give you a like, but need to see proof in some way.
Don't worry, you can save your like, I gave one for the OP instead (and I am not even looking for a TV). OP has nothing to prove to you or anyone else.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2013 posts
635 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
aasoror wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 4:44 pm
Don't worry, you can save your like, I gave one for the OP instead (and I am not even looking for a TV). OP has nothing to prove to you or anyone else.
Well said.
"So let it be e-mailed - so let it be done!"
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
15199 posts
4460 upvotes
CheapWinnipeger wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 10:50 am
65" 4K for $337? This is getting ridiculous.
Ridiculously good!
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15452 posts
20685 upvotes
ONTARIO
aasoror wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 4:30 pm
Haier doesn't make their own TVs they just brand them, whatever you read on the 50" sets doesn't necessarily apply on other 50" Haier sets (or even same line of different size).
That might explain why when I go into my Nvidia shield settings (connected to my 55" Haier) it says (Toshiba) next to the HDMI-CEC setting
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2243 posts
1045 upvotes
Winnipeg
$419.94 + $25 enviro fee + 13% tax = $502.78 total.

They have about 6 or 7 left at Superstore on Gateway Road in Winnipeg. None at Superstore on Regent.

Personally I still think that's a good deal considering the same TV is $898 at the Brick and $999 at Best Buy at the moment
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2243 posts
1045 upvotes
Winnipeg
CheapWinnipeger wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:11 pm
Nothing. Checked about stores on the west side of the city and one was sold out and the other had them for $440.

I didn't have any proof (receipt or picture) of the $337 anyway, but one sales rep did mention that they don't price match TVs. I've also been told that they don't PM other Superstores in other provinces.

I was just hoping that they were marked down here too.
Gateway has 6 or 7 for $419.94 still
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2243 posts
1045 upvotes
Winnipeg
Messerschmitt wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 6:54 pm
Can I even pick up this TV in a sedan?
I had to borrow a friend's ford escape as I have a sedan and it didnt fit. In the ford escape with the back seats folded down... Still had to tie down the back door. It's a big box
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
8552 posts
1869 upvotes
Shawguy wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 6:56 pm
I had to borrow a friend's ford escape as I have a sedan and it didnt fit. In the ford escape with the back seats folded down... Still had to tie down the back door. It's a big box
So with the seats down it won't even fit width wise in the trunk? Box too tall?