Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
12574 posts
2711 upvotes
Markham
rtookey wrote:
Dec 14th, 2017 3:28 pm
Great deal.
I also have 20% off electronics in PC points. I was going to wait till boxing day for a better deal or is this a no brainer at 699 no tax -20%
Last edited by RolandCouch on Dec 14th, 2017 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jan 19, 2017
475 posts
439 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote:
Dec 14th, 2017 10:33 am
Unless I'm mistaken, the Haier curved is not a smart TV is it?

I was only considering the 60' because I have a PC points offer for 20% off electronics....so I'll get no tax +20% off

For the price difference I think id rather have a 55 though. On the fence. Wanted to get a tablet on sale too with 20% but none in the flyer so I'm debating buying now or waiting till boxing day and saving my pcplus offer
After seeing both the RCA/Haier and the sharp, side by side, I would never go back to the RCA/Haier option, night and day better picture, backlight uniformity, smart functions, not that it matters, but its nice, sound is also much better. I did a post a few pages back showing the differences if you wanted to take a look. If you want a 55" Costco has the Hisense 55" same unit entirely, on for $699, but that price dips from $699 to $599, to $499 periodically. I got the 55" hisense at $499 and i Love it. I loved the Sharp 50" but wanted a touch bigger, so bought the 55" Hisense. Also goes on sale at visions, the brick and Leons. Close enough to Boxing Day, if you have some patience, see what they have then?
Dec 26, 2016
3 posts
Montreal, QC
I got a cheap ($4) wireless mouse from Dollarama for my LC-50P66 and it works well as a pointer within the browsing application; it can access the virtual keyboard to input text. The remote is still required to access the TV menus/functions.
Sep 15, 2012
517 posts
80 upvotes
NB
The guys that have this TV are any of you using a soundbar with the CEC configuration?

Reason I ask, I want to know what the Audio Output should be set to, the options available are OFF, DD, RAW and PCM. Looking online everyone talks about setting it to Bitstream but it appears this TV does not have this option.

The soundbar I am using is the Vizio 5.1 that lots of folks have raved on about on here under the deals section.
Sep 28, 2007
13 posts
1 upvote
Laval
to whoever contacted HiSense or Sharp, any idea when new firmware should come out to fix the beep sound problem?
by the way love the TV for the price paid only 2 minor issues (beep sound and viewing angle limited)
Sep 15, 2012
517 posts
80 upvotes
NB
71Tito71 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2018 2:03 pm
to whoever contacted HiSense or Sharp, any idea when new firmware should come out to fix the beep sound problem?
by the way love the TV for the price paid only 2 minor issues (beep sound and viewing angle limited)
LMAO! Your in luck. I spoke with Sharp today in regards to my lag issue. They sent me a firmware for this TV that will not come up if you try and download it over the air using the Support menu on the TV. It appears they have FWs for these TVs but yet its not being made available for updating over the tv. When I spoke with him he actually mentioned that this FW addresses the beep when switching tv channels. I installed it earlier today and it appears it might have addressed my lag issue as well on the SP4 side however the Amazon FireTV/Kodi still have it..

See below the snippet from his email and steps to follow. Make sure you format the USB drive as FAT, update takes about 5-10min to install.
Please try the following steps:
1) Delete/Format your USB drive stick
2) Download the firmware from this link:

http://www.hisense.us/owncloud/index.ph ... _I0102.rar

3) Uncompress the RAR file
4) Move the updater file to the root directory of your USB stick drive
5) Unplug the TV from power supply and wait for 5 mins
6) Insert USB stick to the TV set
7) Replug the TV power supply
8) Press and Hold the remote power button while pointing it to the TV
9) Update should initiate
Sep 28, 2007
13 posts
1 upvote
Laval
iPonik wrote:
Jan 24th, 2018 7:40 pm
LMAO! Your in luck. I spoke with Sharp today in regards to my lag issue. They sent me a firmware for this TV that will not come up if you try and download it over the air using the Support menu on the TV. It appears they have FWs for these TVs but yet its not being made available for updating over the tv. When I spoke with him he actually mentioned that this FW addresses the beep when switching tv channels. I installed it earlier today and it appears it might have addressed my lag issue as well on the SP4 side however the Amazon FireTV/Kodi still have it..

See below the snippet from his email and steps to follow. Make sure you format the USB drive as FAT, update takes about 5-10min to install.
Thanks iPonik, just completed the update, didn't notice any obvious changes on my side tho
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2299 posts
343 upvotes
Does anyone happen to know what size of screw/bolt fits into the back of the TV for mounting to the wall? I took down my Panasonic plasma but the bolts from that one are too thick to fit into the back of the Sharp. Need to go to Canadian Tire and get some new ones.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2299 posts
343 upvotes
pswart wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 12:11 am
Does anyone happen to know what size of screw/bolt fits into the back of the TV for mounting to the wall? I took down my Panasonic plasma but the bolts from that one are too thick to fit into the back of the Sharp. Need to go to Canadian Tire and get some new ones.
Found my answer in the manual: M6 bolts 9.5 to 11.5mm in length

New question, is anyone using this TV with a Harmony remote? Having the hub switch inputs seems terribly unreliable. Has anyone else experienced this?