Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Real Canadian Superstore

"NoSalt" salt substitute for $3.34 at Superstore on Grant And Kenaston - Winnipeg Manitoba (normally ~$6)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2017 12:54 pm
Mar 1, 2011
19 posts
57 upvotes
Winnipeg

[Real Canadian Superstore] "NoSalt" salt substitute for $3.34 at Superstore on Grant And Kenaston - Winnipeg Manitoba (normally ~$6)

First time post! I know this will generate stampedes!

Seriously now.

NoSalt is a salt substitute using potassium (as potassium chloride) to sprinkle on food. I simply sprinkle it on food to get extra potassium. Some people who are on a no salt diet might like it as well. Normally this goes for about $6 but I found it for $3.34 at the Superstore in Winnipeg on Grant and Kenaston (see attached picture). So it's like 45% off, so I bought a few, should last me the next three years. But it's a good deal and decided to share, YMMV of course! Not sure when this expires, there is an E on the price tag that says December, but I'm not quoting that as gospel.

If I missed anything I will monitor the comments. Thanks!
Images
  • NoSaltSuperStore.jpg
4 replies
Nov 26, 2006
714 posts
280 upvotes
Toronto
It should be noted that this doesn't taste exactly like salt.

I also use it for potassium supplementation (1/4 to 1/2 tsp daily) since it works out to be a lot cheaper for a whole lot of potassium. You really don't need to supplement potassium unless for medical reasons or you're on a diet that restricts foods high in potassium (e.g. low carb/ketogenic diets).
Mar 1, 2011
19 posts
57 upvotes
Winnipeg
Good question Don Corleone!
I will inquire with Sifto, basically ask them if it's "food grade" and safe for ingestion and free from impurities etc. and I will get back to the thread. Since it's used in softeners then it's quite possible.
If it is food grade then I owe the Don a favor! And if I buy a bag of that I have enough potassium salt for the rest of my life =)
May 29, 2018
1 posts
hi, I live outside the city and don't get in there all to often so I'm wondering if super store always has that 'No Salt' on hand so i need not run all over the city to find it... Awaiting reply before my next wpg run.. thanks :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)