Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Real Canadian Superstore

[RCSS] Haier UHD 4K TV 43"/49"/55"/65" $298/$388/$468/$748

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2017 8:24 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
4050 posts
1462 upvotes
GTA North
aasoror wrote: Another No Tax Event @ RCSS for the RCA/Haier/Avera rebrands.

Haier 49UF2500 $388 + EHF (Compare the RCA @ $350 last no tax event)
Haier 65UF2505 $748 + EHF (Compare the RCA @ $688 last no tax event)
No tax This Saturday (April 29th), returns are easy but only for 14 days.......
Thanks.

The Canadian dollar blows ! Since when does electronics prices go up for released items.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2004
3065 posts
523 upvotes
Anyone have a confirmation on the model # of the 1080p 60" Sony? Thx
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Redsanta wrote: So the only advantage is theres no yellow issue with these haier sets vs rca?

Im looking at the 49".
Thanks
The yellow issue was applicable to both Haier and RCA.
Its just relevant to older 55" stock from specific production runs of both brands.
The 49" is not affected be it Haier or RCA.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
tkl wrote: Thanks.

The Canadian dollar blows ! Since when does electronics prices go up for released items.
Prices didn't go up, its just that discounts went down ;)
That said, the price for the Haier is still historically lower than any of the Costco's advertised prices since these sets were released.
Nov 4, 2013
258 posts
232 upvotes
North York, ON
How hot is this deal? Do we need to line up for this? Any RCSS in the GTA should have a 4-5 units right?

Thanks to OP for this post!
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
1919 posts
562 upvotes
Calgary
Make sure you test this TV when you buy it. Don't sit on it past the return policy date, or you might be stuck with a lemon.
I purchased two different units last sale and both were defective. The first one had a bad panel and the colours were completely messed up, and the second unit was physically broken.
I didn't have to line up... managed to buy one on the Saturday around 3pm and the other the next day around 11am.

EDIT: These are two RCA models below.

Last edited by Nuprapture on Apr 27th, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mar 26, 2008
23 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
contactgreg wrote: How hot is this deal? Do we need to line up for this? Any RCSS in the GTA should have a 4-5 units right?

Important questions to be answered here. Anyone know? Many RCSS stores got rid of their electronics department, my local store included. Will these stores still have them on Saturday?

Also important: how is the input lag and response time on these?
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Nuprapture wrote: Make sure you test this TV when you buy it. Don't sit on it past the return policy date, or you might be stuck with a lemon.
I purchased two different units last sale and both were defective. The first one had a bad panel and the colours were completely messed up, and the second unit was physically broken.
I didn't have to line up... managed to buy one on the Saturday around 3pm and the other the next day around 11am.
Note that these are the Haiers not the RCA, but the warning is still valid no less.
Get the TV tested ASAP if early enough there is still a chance you can exchange it if its problematic (vs. discovering later on when they are all OOS).
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10329 posts
6693 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
contactgreg wrote: How hot is this deal? Do we need to line up for this? Any RCSS in the GTA should have a 4-5 units right?

When I got the RCA 55" [Jan or Feb this year]... went to RCSS at about 4pm and plenty left; 65" as well. Along with Sony and Hisense.
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Ktp_blues wrote: Important questions to be answered here. Anyone know? Many RCSS stores got rid of their electronics department, my local store included. Will these stores still have them on Saturday?
Stores will stock whether or not there is an electronics dept there, if your local flyer has them, your local store is getting stock.
As for lining up, well people think Haier is a more premium brand than RCA (lol) so "might" go faster given its a Saturday
Also important: how is the input lag and response time on these?
response time is 8 ms, which is typical for the panel type.
Oct 25, 2010
124 posts
278 upvotes
Toronto
From past experiences, most stores will get a special shipment for this flyer. 4-5 units per model seems right. The last time I picked one up, there were still units available when I went at 9pm (though that was a RCA sale). Not sure if this is specific to the Dufferin and Steeles store though.

Don't forget to make sure you can fit the tv in your car!
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2005
1474 posts
477 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have experience with the sizing? Particularly the legs on the 65 inch haier, my stand is 56" in length, just wondering if it will fit. Also the sizing of the box, is an SUV required?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga

It depends on your area,but for sure no need to line up,you know this is not the first time? ,this deal is deal is happening about once a month (CT,RCSS ,Loblaws,Walmart and Costco),I already grabbed 3 RCA and 3 Haier from different retailers over the last 12 months,and I ended up keeping only one,all others were faulty.
My recommendation guys,check yourPC plus weekly offers,if you have it and it's gonna expire tomorrow ,you can save for an extra week.
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
immortal_kssss wrote: It depends on your area,but for sure no need to line up
IMO, I don't think people need to go early to secure stock, but to secure "exchange stock" case they end up with dud(s) like Nuprapture.
Jan 19, 2017
893 posts
1056 upvotes
Kitchener
skidragoon wrote: Anyone have experience with the sizing? Particularly the legs on the 65 inch haier, my stand is 56" in length, just wondering if it will fit. Also the sizing of the box, is an SUV required?
Total width of the TV is 57.2", legs will be inset from there. You will need an SUV for sure.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16760 posts
8093 upvotes
Is there a new revision on the 65" Haier with a better panel? I hear that the Samsung panel in them has a lot of issues.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
SickBeast wrote: Is there a new revision on the 65" Haier with a better panel?
No news about that.
Its not exceptionally bad though (unless compared with the AOE), just QC reflecting the ticketed price ;)
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1990 posts
1047 upvotes
Winnipeg
aasoror wrote: No news about that.
Its not exceptionally bad though (unless compared with the AOE), just QC reflecting the ticketed price ;)
Did you mean to type AUO for the panel?
Lorenzo
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
3433 posts
1386 upvotes
Scarborough
Savings is quite tempting however, would you buy at RCSS as opposed to Costco with respect to its incredibly cheap $30 extended (to 5yr total) warranty?

Costco's in home repair I believe where as, I'm guessing, with RCSS I would need to lug it to god knows where service depot? Anyone knows where it is?
Feb 16, 2017
68 posts
20 upvotes
for people wondering i fit the 65 in the back of a 2013 ford focus hatch, also they had 6 units on no tax day and there were about 1 after i grabbed mine right at open 7 am. this was at the RCSS highland kitchener so i would get there early if you want one.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)