Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Real Canadian Superstore

RCSS - Tablets on sale, various prices, models, YMMV

Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes

[Real Canadian Superstore] RCSS - Tablets on sale, various prices, models, YMMV

Chatham RCSS has marked down several of their android and windows tablets.
Prices and models vary, complete YMMV.

Proscan 9" tablet with keyboard case, normally $129, on for $59
Proscan 10" tablet with keyboard case, normally $149, on for $79
Windows 7" tablet, with keyboard case, normally $148, on for $79
Windows 10, 9" tablet, with keyboard case, normally $199, on for $99
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0 Lite, 7", normally $169, on for $119.

Some of the laptops were on clearance as well, for $200 off, can't remember the specs, it was $349, normally $549. Also, they had the Galaxy Tab A, and Tab E, neither were on sale.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
24 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1809 posts
1450 upvotes
Toronto
All 1gb ram tablet. Not even worth seeing imo.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks for the effort OP,but I think those tablets are not worth it.
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2005
1362 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
The worst part of these off brand tablet's isn't the RAM, its' the viewing angles on the displays
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1026 upvotes
althetrainer wrote: Is the Windows 10 8.95" a Proscan?
Yeah...pretty sure all the no name tab at RCSS are Proscans.

Also fwiw the Android ones with the keyboards are the ones with the dinky cheap keys and connects via a mUSB cable.

The Windows one is BT. I can't comment on the quality of the keyboard itself.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
I realize they are not high end tablets, but every year when Canadian tire or other stores put no name tablets on for more people still buy them. For some people they may be fine giving it to their kids and saving a couple hundred bucks.

Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7392 posts
2943 upvotes
Calgary
NG wrote:
Yeah...pretty sure all the no name tab at RCSS are Proscans.

Also fwiw the Android ones with the keyboards are the ones with the dinky cheap keys and connects via a mUSB cable.

The Windows one is BT. I can't comment on the quality of the keyboard itself.
Thanks. I was just curious, don't even think I need a tablet. LOL If I bought it I probably wouldn't use the keyboard.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12638 posts
6009 upvotes
These are more than OK for basic stuff. I have one on my night table for bed night reading, surfing.
Jan 29, 2005
288 posts
239 upvotes
Chestermere, AB
Yes, it's a Proscan. I bought two tonight and they are going back first thing tomorrow morning. Terrible, terrible tablets. Not even worth the gasoline to pick them up.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
jackass_ca wrote: I realize they are not high end tablets, but every year when Canadian tire or other stores put no name tablets on for more people still buy them. For some people they may be fine giving it to their kids and saving a couple hundred bucks.
i won't even give it to any child ,they really hurt eyes,I bought one from RCSS,last year or the year before,my eyes felt tired and pain in less than 10 mins usage,wife had the same reaction too.
I already upvoted the the thread but I'm just sharing my experience.
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25916 posts
10324 upvotes
SDM still selling the Nexus v2 7" tabs for $249 or $199 on sale. A nice tab (I have one) but EOLed by Google and won't be getting the new OS update. Many of us were hoping for a replacement from them but have heard nothing. So, what to replace the tab with?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
4397 posts
10584 upvotes
Don't EVER buy Proscan. You will regret it.

The return rate is like 80%
Public Mobile customer

$17.95 + 6.95 SAF
100 postal code wide minutes
unlimited texts
0GB data
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
1573 posts
168 upvotes
DougO wrote: SDM still selling the Nexus v2 7" tabs for $249 or $199 on sale. A nice tab (I have one) but EOLed by Google and won't be getting the new OS update. Many of us were hoping for a replacement from them but have heard nothing. So, what to replace the tab with?
Rumours they might announce something on Oct 4th.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
3148 posts
7723 upvotes
Ontario
They blew out all the 7" Proscans about half a year ago. I guessed replaced them with these bigger options. I bought a couple at the discounted price.

Honestly, pretty bad. Screens are terrible. And so much lag when trying to do anything. I played with them a couple of times, and haven't had the heart to try again lately.

Here is a photo from like May or something when they were getting rid of them.

Temp. Banned
Sep 16, 2016
15 posts
13 upvotes
Calgary NW has the Win 10 8.9" Proscans for $59.96 from $199.99.

Solid tablet , have owned before.

The Proscan Androids and Win 7s/8s are worthless. This one though, is quite good.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4769 posts
1560 upvotes
I got my kid a 7" lollipop one a few months ago from Loblaws. It was $25. Runs all his games no problem
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
AdnanD wrote: Calgary NW has the Win 10 8.9" Proscans for $59.96 from $199.99.

Solid tablet , have owned before.

The Proscan Androids and Win 7s/8s are worthless. This one though, is quite good.
I didn't even realize that the ones in the nice black boxes with the big shiny WINDOWS logos were actually Proscan. The packaging looked so much better than the rest of the common Proscan ones... but alas, here are some of the specs on the 8.95" windows 10 tablet
http://www.hhgregg.com/proscan-8-95-16g ... m/PLT8990K#

As someone mentioned earlier, most of the others are less than 1 GB RAM... bleak, didn't realize when I posted...

Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1026 upvotes
jackass_ca wrote: I realize they are not high end tablets, but every year when Canadian tire or other stores put no name tablets on for more people still buy them. For some people they may be fine giving it to their kids and saving a couple hundred bucks.
I agree and I'm not knocking the thread (sorry if it sounded that way)...it's just that Curtis/Proscan has to be at a really low price point for them to be worthwhile.

The person who mentioned getting the 7" for $25 or how the Calgary NW location has the Win 10 8.9" Proscans for $59.96 fall into "worth it" for me when cross referencing build quality and specs into the price.

As did that 8" Proscan with keyboard case for $19 Walmart.ca had a couple years ago. I grabbed one for me and my dad and they're still working fine...but at more normal prices (regular price or sale price) there are better options out there.

For the cheap end of the tablet pool personally I'd wait for a deal on a Hipstreet or RCA (Venturer). Better build quality and better specs (the RCA's with a keyboard come with a docking keyboard for example).
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)