Expired Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore] (RCSS) YMMV : Receive 5500 PC Points when you buy Dave's Killer Bread

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2017 12:19 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
3679 posts
680 upvotes
Winnipeg
TitusBobby wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 1:21 am
Bread is not supposed to stay fresh for more than a day or two max so any bread that stays fresh for that long is a warning sign...
True, probably all the yeast, sugar and salt.
Jan 28, 2007
242 posts
131 upvotes
Penrose wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 9:43 am
"killer"...that is a curious way to describe wholesome bread.
LOL ... IIRC the Dave guy did prison time and after getting out started up a bakery with his brother, and only hires ex-con's as employees ... I don't know why he did time, but it could be a pun in more than one way is what we have always wondered.
May 3, 2008
101 posts
25 upvotes
Markham
TitusBobby wrote:
Bread is not supposed to stay fresh for more than a day or two max so any bread that stays fresh for that long is a warning sign...
+1. The bread I make using my bread maker will last 3 days max before they taste stale if left at room temperature.
I usually throw it in freezer and thaw for it to maintain freshness. Anything that last more than that has to be preservative in it for somehow...
Jun 4, 2007
135 posts
19 upvotes
Oshawa
Received the same offer , bread was $3.44 at No Frills, they paid me $2.06 to buy it !
Oct 21, 2005
298 posts
81 upvotes
TitusBobby wrote:
"Warning: this bread will not turn moldy immediately after you buy it"

It'd be nice if people had evidence to back up their claims that preservatives are bad for you, rather than going off of feelings. It's harmless for bread; basically the only result is that people pay more money for bread that doesn't last as long. But that attitude is what creates anti-vaxxers.
Nov 1, 2016
88 posts
65 upvotes
Saw it at my local Loblaws for $6. that's steep for a necessity food item.

I'm not sure what kinda man would buy a small loaf of bread for $6. Dave, guy on the cover of packaging sure doesn't look like would shell out 6 bucks for this.

but hey, if hes making money then good on him. my breadmaker uses 5 ingredients (flour, yeast, oil, sugar and salt) and a non-preservative loaf comes out for well under a buck.
Feb 17, 2015
66 posts
31 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Had this offer once in my app; decided to try it since it was free 5500 for 5.50 bread. When I purchased, cashier rang the price up at 5.00 so I got additional 500 points. Good for a trial!

Review: The variety I bought (many grains) has many many different type of nuts. These are located on the outside crust. When eating, the different nutty flavor can definitely be tasted. If you're a person who don't like nuts, this is not a bread for you. Bread itself was fairly ok, I didn't really find it outstanding to justify the higher price. An additional thing I noticed was that although the entire loaf was comparable to normal loafs of bread, each slice was cut very thinly. I actually wanted more bread in each slice which is what I normally get in my other bread purchases.

TL:DR Get it with points, not fantastically outstanding about it unless you're a nuts fan.
Sep 17, 2016
150 posts
62 upvotes
LBJackal wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 2:33 pm
"Warning: this bread will not turn moldy immediately after you buy it"

It'd be nice if people had evidence to back up their claims that preservatives are bad for you, rather than going off of feelings. It's harmless for bread; basically the only result is that people pay more money for bread that doesn't last as long. But that attitude is what creates anti-vaxxers.
next thing you gonna tell us is that tobacco is good for us. Face With Tears Of Joy

lots of studies to prove that many of the preservatives used in food are damaging to your health

and also that the mercury used to preserve vaccines is toxic, but here it's a bit more complicated when weighed against the benefits of the vaccine itself

and one last thing, fresh bread thst only lasts one day is only $1 at superstore for the French loaf and $4 for sourdough.. So even from an economic standpoint it makes no sense to buy Daves
Oct 21, 2005
298 posts
81 upvotes
TitusBobby wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 5:37 pm
next thing you gonna tell us is that tobacco is good for us. Face With Tears Of Joy

lots of studies to prove that many of the preservatives used in food are damaging to your health

and also that the mercury used to preserve vaccines is toxic, but here it's a bit more complicated when weighed against the benefits of the vaccine itself

and one last thing, fresh bread thst only lasts one day is only $1 at superstore for the French loaf and $4 for sourdough.. So even from an economic standpoint it makes no sense to buy Daves
The post-truth world we live in, ladies and gentlemen. With so much BS on the internet, most people don't have the ability to sort through it so they just believe what feels right in their heart.
Sep 17, 2016
150 posts
62 upvotes
LBJackal wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 11:14 am
The post-truth world we live in, ladies and gentlemen. With so much BS on the internet, most people don't have the ability to sort through it so they just believe what feels right in their heart.
Guess science is now called post truth if its not the science of the 60s Face With Tears Of Joy

Have fun eating your preservative ladden bread at twice the price of fresh bread with a "healthy" scoop of margarine on top.Skull