Expired Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore] Real Canadian Superstore - Tassimo T-discs sale

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2013 10:51 am
Tags:
Jul 4, 2006
25 posts
Toronto
Going with most of what everyone said here, the Cadbury produces a very small cup and it's just ok, not great but not bad. Thanks OP for the post! Will hopefully pick up some T-discs this week.
Jan 12, 2005
504 posts
78 upvotes
Dear fellow tassimo bargain hunters,
To maximize the chocolatey taste of the Cadbury soak the pod in hot hot tap water for a few minutes before putting it in the tassimo machine. That way the syrup will be softened and most if not all of it will come out.
Cheers, and happy new year!
-A fellow tassimo drinker
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2046 posts
785 upvotes
Woodbridge
Cadbury is awsome. Just hold the button down to make it bigger
Go Big or Go Home! , Chi Chi Get the Yayo!
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2012
1039 posts
482 upvotes
TORONTO
When I first got the Tassimo, the CB HC was amazing, no chocolate left at the bottom, like others said. I think they changed something because it's not as strong tasting as before. Like the poster above said, leave the button down for a few seconds after if you want to get the stuff at the bottom.
Back to topic, the deal is good. Love Tassimo!
Deal Hunter :)
Dec 20, 2006
414 posts
104 upvotes
kwk1 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 8:46 pm
I thought the Cadbury was weak tasting too.
But, I noticed that not all the chocolate was coming out of the disc. Once you scoop the rest of the chocolate into the cup and mix it with a spoon, it tastes good.
Has anyone else had that happen? I wonder if it's a defect.
Its a defect..I called Tassimo and they are replacing my T65 I just bought two weeks ago from Walmart..Waiting for it to arrive
Nov 7, 2007
443 posts
298 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
Thanks dreamaz, I'll call them and see what they say.
dreamaz wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 10:35 pm
Its a defect..I called Tassimo and they are replacing my T65 I just bought two weeks ago from Walmart..Waiting for it to arrive
Oct 13, 2008
64 posts
4 upvotes
Calgary
KennyC wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 9:24 pm
Dear fellow tassimo bargain hunters,
To maximize the chocolatey taste of the Cadbury soak the pod in hot hot tap water for a few minutes before putting it in the tassimo machine. That way the syrup will be softened and most if not all of it will come out.
Cheers, and happy new year!
-A fellow tassimo drinker
This works btw. I did the same, best way to get all the chocolate syrup out. Still, not the best taste. YMMW.
Apr 20, 2012
16 posts
7 upvotes
BURNABY
LitoHGL wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 10:43 pm
This works btw. I did the same, best way to get all the chocolate syrup out. Still, not the best taste. YMMW.
Agree, the taste for me is about the same as the powdered stuff. Disappointing.

What I've done on the chocolate T-Disc is to poke through the foil top afterwards with a knife. The residual chocolate syrup, already warmed up, just pours out into the cup.
Aug 15, 2005
756 posts
5 upvotes
You're supposed to shake the discs for a few seconds before using them. That helps get all the good stuff out. (Pretty sure it says that right on the box/disc)
96 posts
13 upvotes
Went to an RCSS in Calgary last night and while the discs were on sale, they were not the same price as you GTA people are seeing. Skinny Latte 6.99, PC Capp 6.99, Vanilla/Caramel Latte 10.99.

Too bad, I went there to stock up!
Dec 22, 2009
1 posts
Was just at my local Extra Foods in Regina and they had Presidents Choice branded t-disks in 14pk's for $5.98 and a 56 box for $19.99 that's the cheapest coffee I've found, think it works out to $0.37 a cup. The only flavor by the box is "the great Canadian" just made some and I think it's fantastic. It makes a large.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
3619 posts
641 upvotes
Toronto
wish there was a sale on k cups :(
Msg me for Zoomerwireless Issues
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
6530 posts
617 upvotes
Alberta
europk wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 7:15 pm
Was just at my local Extra Foods in Regina and they had Presidents Choice branded t-disks in 14pk's for $5.98 and a 56 box for $19.99 that's the cheapest coffee I've found, think it works out to $0.37 a cup. The only flavor by the box is "the great Canadian" just made some and I think it's fantastic. It makes a large.
$21.98 here in Central Alberta. $5.98 for the 14 pack. $6.9x for a lot of the other brands like Nabob Latte and Nabob Cappacino.

If you want a real large size, get the Nabob Breakfast blend...you need a big mug for it. It's not as good as the Great Canadian IMO.

Dave
May 14, 2011
31 posts
9 upvotes
TORONTO
Thanks OP

Went to RCSS at Weston/401. They still had lots of stocks and almost all the flavors. I prefer the coffee to the flavored drinks. Best prices I have seen in a while.

Bought lots of Gevalia coffee for 5.97 (House blend and Italian) which is my favorite.
Also bought Nabob Cafe Crema for 4.87 (another favorite)

Second cup, although still on sale, was demanding a premium of 9 or 10 dollars a package. I haven't tried it but I cannot see how it could be that much better than Gevalia
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
8025 posts
248 upvotes
Yup, the Cadbury and Suchard's hot chocolate suck. So bland tasting. Its basically drinking hot water with sugar, and not even chocolate tasting sugar! I bought 3 packs of both and I'm so sad they suck cuz I can't return it.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
× < >