781 upvotes

Real Estate BST

We should have Real Estate BST for people to buy/sell properties here
7 replies
Sep 27, 2003
11122 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
What kind of listing fee would you suggest?
RFD Forums Moderator
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
WorldIRC wrote: What kind of listing fee would you suggest?
Why should there be a listing fee? Would RFD provide signage?

I mean the rest of BST is run like CL and kijiji so why would you charge anything when they don't??
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4451 posts
2139 upvotes
Toronto
Cas77 wrote: Why should there be a listing fee? Would RFD provide signage?

I mean the rest of BST is run like CL and kijiji so why would you charge anything when they don't??
+1

Unless the posting was from a realtor, running his business as a site sponsor, why would RFD start charging owners of items/properties for BST listings all of a sudden?

I swear, RFD has definitely changed for the worst in so many ways recently, and it seems to be engrained in the administrative culture across the board now.
Sep 27, 2003
11122 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
Last I checked, RFD is not Kijiji or Craigslist.
Last I checked, RFD is here to make money.

You guys are right, RFD has never charged for standard BST access, but RFD has also never been asked to open up to BST Real Estate threads.

Seems kind of silly that I couldn't post 4 cellphones in the BST because that would be advertising, but I can post my property which is worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, and RFD wouldn't collect any profit on that.

I'm sure this is something that they'll choose to investigate internally. No idea if they'd want to charge or not, it was simply a question that I asked. Considering most legitimate places to sell your home have a fee, I don't see why RFD would or should be any different. As well, there is also the potential for legal liabilities and what not involved. Again, something for RFD to investigate.
RFD Forums Moderator
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18224 posts
36610 upvotes
Scarborough
WorldIRC wrote: Seems kind of silly that I couldn't post 4 cellphones in the BST because that would be advertising, but I can post my property which is worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, and RFD wouldn't collect any profit on that.
Well said. It wouldn't be worth anyones time to post real estate here anyways.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Sep 27, 2003
11122 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
TomRFD wrote: Well said. It wouldn't be worth anyones time to post real estate here anyways.
Well it may be worth the time, and perhaps RFD could justify charging if they incorporated some of the stuff you typically see in a Real Estate listing like house specs, community, chattels, pictures, relevant MLS listing, etc...
RFD Forums Moderator
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18224 posts
36610 upvotes
Scarborough
WorldIRC wrote: Well it may be worth the time, and perhaps RFD could justify charging if they incorporated some of the stuff you typically see in a Real Estate listing like house specs, community, chattels, pictures, relevant MLS listing, etc...
There actually may be a larger opportunity on RFD in regards to real estate soon(ish). Not sure that they'd want to setup some paid system in the interim though. Doesn't hurt to ask though.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]