None
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
8358 posts
5702 upvotes
Markham
arkroyal wrote:
Sep 12th, 2014 12:33 pm
ahh yes.. hurry up and get that mortgage or else you're destined to live a future life of abject poverty. Also, as per the advice of Brad J. Lamb (aka, "The Condo King"): "If you'd rather not eat cat food in your retirement, you'd better invest in condos!"
You should keep renting and whine about housing costs. You are doing a fine job.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2008
5617 posts
1714 upvotes
Toronto
arkroyal wrote:
Sep 12th, 2014 12:33 pm
ahh yes.. hurry up and get that mortgage or else you're destined to live a future life of abject poverty. Also, as per the advice of Brad J. Lamb (aka, "The Condo King"): "If you'd rather not eat cat food in your retirement, you'd better invest in condos!"
^ you get what I was saying but why do I see you complain about prices on the other threads? If you have been renting and investing for the past several years, you should be way ahead in terms of gains if you compare to house prices (S&P 500 has gained 90+% in the last 5 years or so).
Penalty Box
Apr 16, 2012
3565 posts
683 upvotes
Greely
Except that he wasn't investing. In his past posts, he said that all his money is sitting in a savings account waiting for the crash to happen.

Allow me to also paint the picture:

1. It is 2014, your paltry $50,000 that you saved in 2008 is now $56,000 if you are lucky

2. Meanwhile stocks have gone up 300%, real estate doubled.

3. How do you feel now?
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2014
1042 posts
990 upvotes
techcrium wrote:
Sep 12th, 2014 1:42 pm
Except that he wasn't investing. In his past posts, he said that all his money is sitting in a savings account waiting for the crash to happen.

Allow me to also paint the picture:

1. It is 2014, your paltry $50,000 that you saved in 2008 is now $56,000 if you are lucky

2. Meanwhile stocks have gone up 300%, real estate doubled.

3. How do you feel now?
3. I feel a mixture of confusion and pity for you seeing as you just randomly made up numbers and dates which have nothing to do with me.
Penalty Box
Apr 16, 2012
3565 posts
683 upvotes
Greely
arkroyal wrote:
Sep 12th, 2014 1:54 pm
3. I feel a mixture of confusion and pity for you seeing as you just randomly made up numbers and dates which have nothing to do with me.
Yes the numbers are made up but the situation is the same.

1. X amount in a savings account earning 2% interest

2. Stocks gone up 200%, RE gone up 80-100%

3. How does one feel now?

I would admit as well, if I had all my money in a savings account earning 2% interest and everyone else had their home values double or investments triple....I'd be very angry too.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2014
1042 posts
990 upvotes
ksgill wrote:
Sep 12th, 2014 1:16 pm
^ you get what I was saying but why do I see you complain about prices on the other threads? If you have been renting and investing for the past several years, you should be way ahead in terms of gains if you compare to house prices (S&P 500 has gained 90+% in the last 5 years or so).
I think real estate is overvalued and people are levering themselves dangerously - I also thinking people like Anikari who spew toxic bull***** about forever booming real estate are dangerous to others. This doesn't have anything to do with my personal ability to purchase real estate (Although I'm sure you don't really care, but a search of my posts would reveal how much real estate I could or couldn't purchase)
Penalty Box
Apr 16, 2012
3565 posts
683 upvotes
Greely
arkroyal wrote:
Sep 12th, 2014 2:01 pm
I think real estate is overvalued and people are levering themselves dangerously - I also thinking people like Anikari who spew toxic bull***** about forever booming real estate are dangerous to others. This doesn't have anything to do with my personal ability to purchase real estate (Although I'm sure you don't really care, but a search of my posts would reveal how much real estate I could or couldn't purchase)
lol why do you care about the danger to random people on an internet forum?

I don't care if I think LULU is over priced and people are buying it.

I don't care if you buy Barrick Gold and I think that's over valued.

You can buy 10,000 shares of Barrick gold for all I care.

The only thing I care about is when someone moans about real estate prices everyday and then pretend that he "cares" about other random people on an internet forum and that it is "dangerous".
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2014
1042 posts
990 upvotes
techcrium wrote:
Sep 12th, 2014 1:58 pm
Yes the numbers are made up but the situation is the same.

1. X amount in a savings account earning 2% interest

2. Stocks gone up 200%, RE gone up 80-100%

3. How does one feel now?

I would admit as well, if I had all my money in a savings account earning 2% interest and everyone else had their home values double or investments triple....I'd be very angry too.
I'm not going to take your troll bait, but I'll remind you that there are others factors to look at when considering one's financial health. I'm ok earning 2%
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2014
1042 posts
990 upvotes
techcrium wrote:
Sep 12th, 2014 2:04 pm

The only thing I care about is when someone moans about real estate prices everyday and then pretend that he "cares" about other random people on an internet forum and that it is "dangerous".
Let me get this straight.... you post personal attacks on me by fabricating stats about how poor I am - all because I disagree with the sentiment that you have to "buy now or forever be poor".. yet it's perfectly ok for you to post nearly daily about how much of a sure thing real estate is.

LOL.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2014
1042 posts
990 upvotes
Anikiri wrote:
Sep 12th, 2014 12:39 pm
You should keep renting and whine about housing costs. You are doing a fine job.
Cutting it close with that mortgage payment this month? KD is discounted at no frills this week FYI

(see how stupid personal attacks are?)
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
8358 posts
5702 upvotes
Markham
I only see one stupid thing, and it's not personal attacks.

You should keep renting and *personally* forecast the RE to be overvalued. The market responds to your needs.
Penalty Box
Apr 16, 2012
3565 posts
683 upvotes
Greely
arkroyal wrote:
Sep 12th, 2014 2:12 pm
Let me get this straight.... you post personal attacks on me by fabricating stats about how poor I am - all because I disagree with the sentiment that you have to "buy now or forever be poor".. yet it's perfectly ok for you to post nearly daily about how much of a sure thing real estate is.

LOL.

Tell me where Anikiri said that? I believe Anikiri's stance on Real Estate is this: You cannot time the market.

If you need a home, (for family, furniture, customization, owning a dog, finishing basement, etc) then go out and buy a home.

It is the RE bears like yourself who are trying to time the market and failing miserably. I'll check back with you in 2015 and see how much your savings account has grown.

Right...2%
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
8358 posts
5702 upvotes
Markham
techcrium wrote:
Sep 12th, 2014 2:04 pm

He doesn't care about anyone but himself. Think of it this way;

1. All day he complains and whines about RE values.
2. All day RE keeps rising.
3. Repeat 1.
4. Repeat 2.

The outcome is still the same. Priced out.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
8358 posts
5702 upvotes
Markham
techcrium wrote:
Sep 12th, 2014 2:20 pm
Tell me where Anikiri said that? I believe Anikiri's stance on Real Estate is this: You cannot time the market.

If you need a home, (for family, furniture, customization, owning a dog, finishing basement, etc) then go out and buy a home.

It is the RE bears like yourself who are trying to time the market and failing miserably. I'll check back with you in 2015 and see how much your savings account has grown.

Right...2%
There is no point reasoning with him, I just humour him now. This guy whines like a little 2 year old kid because his toy train is missing. He is taking out his anger at being priced out onto those who are not priced out.

Even moderate people like ksgill think this kid whines way too much.
ksgill wrote:
Sep 12th, 2014 1:16 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2014
1042 posts
990 upvotes
Anikiri wrote:
Sep 12th, 2014 2:19 pm
I only see one stupid thing, and it's not personal attacks.

You should keep renting and *personally* forecast the RE to be overvalued. The market responds to your needs.
Right.. and when you post drivel about "being 34 years old with 2 kids and a wife in a small 2-bedroom apartments" all because you waited to buy real estate... that's not a prediction about where prices are headed?