• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2014 4:44 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
2384 posts
448 upvotes
Winnipeg
techcrium wrote:
Sep 12th, 2014 3:11 pm
Think of this generation of people buying $900 Nobis Cartel jackets, $50,000 BMW (BMW thread), $1000 iphone 6s, $10,000 credit card debt.

Should I expect people to stop buying that crap? No...they go ahead and do whatever they.

Should I expect people to stop buying Barrick Gold stock? No...they go ahead and buy it if they want.

lol if you think you are being a "saint" and "warning RE prices"? On RedFlagDeals of all places and strangers you don't even know?


If the RE Bears REALLY wanted to be a saint, they would warn their friends to NOT buy real estate not warn random online strangers.


Let me guess, they tried, but they were ostracized and made fun of so they come online to vent their frustrations for trying to time the market.


I would love to meet Arkroyal in real life and let him explain to me how having his money in a 2% savings account is better than buying a home. I would love to see the math as well. I would in fact buy him a few drinks as well for the laughs.
Who is talking about being saint or something? Are you being a saint by boosting your argument about the RE boom to the random stranger on Redflagdeals in order to save them because such claim invariably imply that others will be saved from a disasture if they buy quickly even by drowning in debt till their noses.
How will you feel if I said you that lol if you feel you are getting some kind of pleasure by laughing at others who ( lets assumes) can't afford the housing at the current valuations ( read you comments in the interest rate increase thread)
Dude... treat people with respect and don't argue just for the sake of arguing. But well , reading and writing abilities don't bring class so I leave it to that.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
8364 posts
5716 upvotes
Markham
Asker123 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2014 3:33 pm
Who is talking about being saint or something? Are you being a saint by boosting your argument about the RE boom to the random stranger on Redflagdeals in order to save them because such claim invariably imply that others will be saved from a disasture if they buy quickly even by drowning in debt till their noses.
How will you feel if I said you that lol if you feel you are getting some kind of pleasure by laughing at others who ( lets assumes) can't afford the housing at the current valuations ( read you comments in the interest rate increase thread)
Dude... treat people with respect and don't argue just for the sake of arguing. But well , reading and writing abilities don't bring class so I leave it to that.
But he isn't. That's the problem here.

All he is saying is that people buy whenever they want to buy and not try to time the market. What is wrong with that? We should all just buy what we need, not what we want it to be.


Your comparison doesn't work on him because one one end, the RE bears are dooming and forecasting. On the other end tech is only trying to say that this is all hogwash. Just buy when you are comfortable buying.

The arguments are not comparables.
Penalty Box
Apr 16, 2012
3565 posts
683 upvotes
Greely
Asker123 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2014 3:33 pm
Who is talking about being saint or something? Are you being a saint by boosting your argument about the RE boom to the random stranger on Redflagdeals in order to save them because such claim invariably imply that others will be saved from a disasture if they buy quickly even by drowning in debt till their noses.
How will you feel if I said you that lol if you feel you are getting some kind of pleasure by laughing at others who ( lets assumes) can't afford the housing at the current valuations ( read you comments in the interest rate increase thread)
Dude... treat people with respect and don't argue just for the sake of arguing. But well , reading and writing abilities don't bring class so I leave it to that.
Right, treat people with respect and don't argue with the sake of arguing...

Meanwhile from the Real Estate bears:

house-vs-condo-young-professional-15506 ... st19822405
guyver0 wrote:Meh, OP wants to commit financial suicide because of his disdain for renting a condo makes me wonder, what's going on in his life?
arkroyal wrote:Your parent's backwards mentality on renting shouldn't influence your own.

Yes lol treat people with respect. I can find a few hundred other similar posts to the above.


Those are the posts that I am talking about.



The cognitive dissonance is strong in you.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
2384 posts
448 upvotes
Winnipeg
techcrium wrote:
Sep 12th, 2014 3:43 pm
Right, treat people with respect and don't argue with the sake of arguing...

Meanwhile from the Real Estate bears:

house-vs-condo-young-professional-15506 ... st19822405






Yes lol treat people with respect. I can find a few hundred other similar posts to the above.


Those are the posts that I am talking about.



The cognitive dissonance is strong in you.
Let me rephrase my argument if it is not clear.
I have no objection over someone mentioning that RE prices will go up and those who are not buying will eventually pay higher. This is just fine. It is as opposite an argument as my argument that the RE will correct too because nothing goes up forever , is towards their argument.
My objection is to the language people use to boost their argument. Everyone writes here his/her own views. By putting up an argument in a constructive and factual manner is one thing and writing anything .. just anything...just to boost his argument is another.
I mentioned that people who are expressing concerns over rising debt levels of the society are doing correct thing .. and look how you twisted it by saying that I am trying to play 'saint' .... Its Friday afternoon and I am calling it a day soon....I dont take such things serious but you take it easy dude...Have fun

and yes.. I don't speak for all who match my point of view on RE . If someone treated you badly ... they are being as rude to you are you were to me ( Both incorrect) ...anyways
Sr. Member
Jul 19, 2007
826 posts
132 upvotes
Glad they don't come here. Everything is still cheap.
Sr. Member
Jul 19, 2007
826 posts
132 upvotes
Anikiri wrote:
Sep 12th, 2014 11:10 am
I want a detached, 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom, finished basement, at least 3200+sqft, walking distance to subway, on an acre lot. I feel a $500k price tag is more than adequate. Where do I sign?
Probably get it for $250k or less in nicer areas....
[OP]
Sr. Member
Oct 18, 2010
707 posts
108 upvotes
BCAB
If you guys look at my previous post, you can see some ideal cities that are a lot more affordable than the Vancouver/Toronto market. What is this now? the Canadian dream? I think I would rather go for the American dream, and use my spare $ to enjoy hobbies, vacation, and investment in the stock market.

This post is more on.... caution!!! could the bubble could it burst soon in some of these cities??? I really don't know but I feel that single detached housing is too expensive for a single professional, unless they receive financial help from other outside sources. Duplex and non luxury condos seem to be OK, I hope Chinese mainlanders will leave those areas alone.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
2384 posts
448 upvotes
Winnipeg
bavarianboy wrote:
Sep 14th, 2014 12:42 am
If you guys look at my previous post, you can see some ideal cities that are a lot more affordable than the Vancouver/Toronto market. What is this now? the Canadian dream? I think I would rather go for the American dream, and use my spare $ to enjoy hobbies, vacation, and investment in the stock market.

This post is more on.... caution!!! could the bubble could it burst soon in some of these cities??? I really don't know but I feel that single detached housing is too expensive for a single professional, unless they receive financial help from other outside sources. Duplex and non luxury condos seem to be OK, I hope Chinese mainlanders will leave those areas alone.
YOu might be disappointed....

More Rich Chienese on the way....http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2014 ... -to-leave/

I however do not believe in this ....."Chienese destroying the Canadian RE Market " ..... No market can sustain without the solid ground economy .....
Banned
Sep 12, 2014
349 posts
48 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
bavarianboy wrote:
Sep 14th, 2014 12:42 am
If you guys look at my previous post, you can see some ideal cities that are a lot more affordable than the Vancouver/Toronto market. What is this now? the Canadian dream? I think I would rather go for the American dream, and use my spare $ to enjoy hobbies, vacation, and investment in the stock market.

This post is more on.... caution!!! could the bubble could it burst soon in some of these cities??? I really don't know but I feel that single detached housing is too expensive for a single professional, unless they receive financial help from other outside sources. Duplex and non luxury condos seem to be OK, I hope Chinese mainlanders will leave those areas alone.
why should a Single professional be able to afford a single detached home in the city? why does a single professional need a single detached home?

That's like saying a single professional should be able to afford 2 cars, a cottage and pool too
Penalty Box
Apr 16, 2012
3565 posts
683 upvotes
Greely
I believe that's is his emotion talking and not logic.

Top