Travel

Realistically speaking... (waiting time at YYZ)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2017 8:52 am
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8357 posts
1060 upvotes
loriblum wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 5:47 am
We arrived at the gate at 4:45am.....and have been sitting at the gate since 5:05am lol

So, guess we didn't have to worry about any delays! Total of 20 mins! :)
Nexus or not? Did u notice the density of people increasing as time went on? Pre 5am is probably pre rush.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9330 posts
1896 upvotes
Somewhere
It looks like I'm too late, but had I replied before your flight, I would have told you that if you have no luggage, have Nexus, are flying Air Canada in Terminal 1, it will be a breeze.

I would even arrive 1 hour before the plane is scheduled to depart from Pearson.
:confused:
Nov 22, 2010
726 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
Adding a data point..... Saturday morning after 9am at T1, carry-on only, 12 minutes from curb to gate without Nexus. Security is more efficient with that new 4 bin loader system. No lineup at the APC machines, and then there were about 3 CBP booths with agents sitting around waiting.
Feb 8, 2017
448 posts
229 upvotes
loriblum wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 5:47 am
We arrived at the gate at 4:45am.....and have been sitting at the gate since 5:05am lol

So, guess we didn't have to worry about any delays! Total of 20 mins! :)
must have been a long security line LOL. I've made it from entrance door to gate in 10 minutes with Nexus. But better to have more time as a buffer just in case. you never know when it's your turn to be randomly selected for extra screening from the US border guards.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1473 posts
740 upvotes
GTA
lol in fairness, I travel with a child so those extra 10 mins can just be due to a slow-walker (at 5am)! ;)

I'm loving Nexus and the whole TSA Pre-check process!!

At the MCO airport, the regular line was at least 75 mins long. We walked up to the Pre-check line and it was less than 20 mins!! (Granted this was at 4pm on Sunday so more traffic than at 5am)!
Award Winning Realtor - I LOVE MY JOB!!
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!