None
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
3008 posts
698 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
xchococatx wrote:
Dec 5th, 2015 5:27 pm
Yep... Isn't that pretty standard though ?
That doesn't make sense when his fur is not getting fixed. He should be able to keep the old one and pay for the new.

Edit: didn't know it was OP but like I said you should be able to keep your old.
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12118 posts
1804 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2015 11:15 pm
1). Go in person to HQ and complain and say you're not satisfied
2). Demand that you hand select the fur ruff
3). Demand that you hand select the seamstress
4). Demand they sew on your jacket in front of you immediately

Lifetime warranty should mean lifetime warranty no questions asked no further costs to the customer. If you pay premium prices for a product you should get 5-star service.
That only works with CG endorsed celebs like Drake... every1 else gets the standard take it or leave it. Commoners, I tell ya... what a PITA. :twisted:
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
8597 posts
1014 upvotes
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2015 11:15 pm
1). Go in person to HQ and complain and say you're not satisfied
2). Demand that you hand select the fur ruff
3). Demand that you hand select the seamstress
4). Demand they sew on your jacket in front of you immediately

Lifetime warranty should mean lifetime warranty no questions asked no further costs to the customer. If you pay premium prices for a product you should get 5-star service.
I think someone did that with either nobis or mackage when the company was small.
Feb 1, 2014
802 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
fboybcb wrote:
Dec 5th, 2015 11:45 pm
That doesn't make sense when his fur is not getting fixed. He should be able to keep the old one and pay for the new.

Edit: didn't know it was OP but like I said you should be able to keep your old.
I agree with this, since your paying for a replacement (assuming the $57 covers cost and labour of attaching the fur to the coat) the OP should get the original fur back as well.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
5399 posts
676 upvotes
new fur looks better. with that said, if they can guarantee full and rich color fur for $56, i am sure everybody else would do it. I see that CG has simply took your request as a task to replace it; not provide the best fur in the factory
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12118 posts
1804 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
1xTiMeR wrote:
Dec 6th, 2015 8:12 pm
new fur looks better. with that said, if they can guarantee full and rich color fur for $56, i am sure everybody else would do it. I see that CG has simply took your request as a task to replace it; not provide the best fur in the factory
YUP, what I was gonna say... the ladies in the warranty dept dont give a crap as to best fur on the shop floor. They see it as "replacement" fur. Seeing they have a 100 jackets to do a day... Unless you're a celeb or high profile they couldnt care less. Typical. To them $56 bux means nothing. Might as well buy the pelt from a trapper then have it prepared and sewn in by a custom tailor.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Jan 1, 2015
366 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just buy your own coyote pelt and ask a tailor to sew it on
Jul 17, 2006
79 posts
48 upvotes
I replaced my fur ruff about 3 years ago free of charge. However the customer service rep I was chatting with hinted that I should do it in the spring/summer time to get the best selection if I wasn't in a big rush. Worked out well for me as the fur ruff I got was like half a coyote.

I'm guessing that getting the replacement in winter time, you got the left overs from their stock as the newest/best probably went to the branta/black lines as well as newer jackets.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1489 posts
167 upvotes
shinji21 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2015 12:13 pm
I replaced my fur ruff about 3 years ago free of charge. However the customer service rep I was chatting with hinted that I should do it in the spring/summer time to get the best selection if I wasn't in a big rush. Worked out well for me as the fur ruff I got was like half a coyote.

I'm guessing that getting the replacement in winter time, you got the left overs from their stock as the newest/best probably went to the branta/black lines as well as newer jackets.
got a pick of ur half coyote?
Feb 13, 2018
3 posts
I must agree with what you said
I think what the problem with Canada Goose warrenty is that so many people put in for warrenty claims now that they are just pissed. My fur on my Canada Goode Expedition is actually coming away from the stitching and I called and they told me flat out that the fur WAS NOT covered in the warrenty. I was also told that I could purchase a replacement fur for $80+tax
Images
  • 3A955D92-8A61-4155-8511-EEA35D255056.jpeg
  • 503A1C6E-D1E4-4DC6-96F4-E6B0B173851A.jpeg
  • 2DCE663D-1FD1-4401-A266-0644E9D95D61.jpeg
  • E29BE2AB-1ED8-4DBB-84CD-4A6DC2800190.jpeg
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1675 posts
380 upvotes
I had to look up OP's previous coat about the fur and have to ask - OP had a CG from years ago, it was stolen, and he/she replaced it despite the fur already sucking at the time of purchase?

I assume warranty is when you purchase something and it breaks or malfunctions as a result of bad manufacturing, but it seems like CG may have lowered quality of the fur but OP bought it anyway, then tried to send it in? I would assume if there is any change in quality, it's not specific to the jacket you've purchased but overall across the board for all their jackets - therefore sending it back doesn't seem like a solution.

That's like...buying a burger from McDonald's but you think their patties used to taste better, so you send it back and have them re-do it for you, but they have a batch of the same patties, so even if they re-do it for you it's still the same quality.

It's hard for me to tell, but my CG was from about 5 years ago and I still love the fur on it.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1513 posts
192 upvotes
Markham, ON
I'm glad I never got a Canada Goose jacket, everyone has one. I like to look different. Lifetime warranty means they are not changing jacket lol.

I heard good things from my friend about their warranty experience. She ruined her jacket in the wash and got a brand new jacket because her existing one was out of stock because it's from previous years lol. They took her old one and gave her a new style.

Another story I heard is about a lady who ruined a Canada Goose jacket in a wash but the jacket was not hers so she went thrift shopping and found the same jacket and gave that one back instead. I don't know if this lady may have voided the warranty for the owner of the jacket with her thirft shopping lol.

Either way, none of my concerns. As I said previously, I don't have a Canada Goose jacket (a thousand bucks for a jacket?). I don't work for Canada Goose.
Mar 23, 2019
1 posts
Very sad experience with the Canada Goose Warranty. The fur round the hood felt apart send the jacket for repair under warranty and they turn it down because I had removed the tag from the inside of the jacket. The tag that is about a foot long and tell you that it is made of new material etc. I removed it because it was falling apart. The gave me the excuse that the tag contain important info and with out it they can do the repair under warranty but don't mind charging me to replace the fur and offered me other repair they though was necessary to my jacket. I told them that they don't mind replacing the fur and charging me with out knowing if it is a fake or not and the response was that they can identify if it is a fake or not with or without the tag but can repair under warranty because the tag is missing and it contain very important info. LOL. I end up paying for the fur replacement and did not get the other repairs done. A lot of lip service and talking point from the correspondence. I can honestly say that I like the jacket but they won't sell me another one after the service I got from them.