Students

reapplying with a high school transcript

[OP]
Jan 1, 2019
1 posts

reapplying with a high school transcript

Hey, so I attended McMaster for 3 months but want to drop out and reapply for a different university thru ouac, do I have to disclose me attending uni even if it hasn't been a entire year and I have no official transcript yet. I was to do It thru ouac and I could technically apply thru 101 instead of 105 as it been less than 7 months since I left high school but that would complicate things. I won't be able to get a transcript from my post secondary school anyways until I complete a full year but I would rather not show my uni ingeneral so would their be anything wrong not showing the uni all together
2 replies
Nov 9, 2011
516 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
I don't think you have your facts right. You will get a transcript regardless of how long you have been in school. What is being shown on your transcript will depend on wether or not you manage to drop-out of your classes before the deadline. If you stuck around for 3 months, chances are you already missed the drop-out deadline.
Your transcript will show your final grade or incomplete if you managed to drop out. Regardless, you are required to disclose the transcript to your future school.
Jan 14, 2010
614 posts
167 upvotes
Yupgonnafail wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 9:20 pm
do I have to disclose me attending uni even if it hasn't been a entire year and I have no official transcript yet.
Yes. How many of these are we going to have to answer? It's about academic/degree integrity. Even if you get away with it, if ever discovered all future academic accomplishments will be nullified.
Actions have consequences, some that can't be undone.
FYI, post-secondary are in need of students (demographic/$ issues). So being truthful might still get you in somewhere. Plus, mistakes do happen (messing up first term freshman year), find somewhere that's motivated to take a chance on you.