Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg

The reason I don't use firefox

I'm using Maxton because I like the Super Drop n Drop feature. So I can drag the hyperlink a bit and it will open up in a new tabbed brower. Does firefox have a plugin like this? If so, I'm prepared to "switch".
23 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2002
1440 posts
71 upvotes
Calgary
There's a tabs add-on that allows you to configure how a tab behaves. With this add-on should do what you're looking for.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2004
4154 posts
128 upvotes
Suresh wrote:right click url, open in new tab..
Yup..I have become so accustomed to it, that I don't even have to look. Its within the blink of an eye. Really its as fast/efficient as your other method. Or perhaps those 20 milliseconds are important afterall :D
Jun 6, 2003
198 posts
32 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta
in Firefox all you have to do to open a tab with a hyper link is click it with your middle-button/scroll-wheel
Jul 25, 2003
310 posts
Toronto
sureLoss wrote:in Firefox all you have to do to open a tab with a hyper link is click it with your middle-button/scroll-wheel
werd....

or if you're a person that likes to have one hand on the keyboard and one hand on the mouse, then just hold CTRL and click on a url

there are also "mouse gestures" plug-ins. so you can wiggle your mouse in a pattern and it will open up new tabs, close windows, etc....
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2002
12253 posts
858 upvotes
I just use Tabbrowser Preferences, and any link within a site uses the same tab, any link external to the site opens in its own tab.

Easy cheesy.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
Suresh wrote:okay, so want the firefox download link now? :lol:

I have firefox installed awhile ago, don't like using it because I'm very used to Maxthon, but it's based on IE6 and IE6 come with too many holes.
Jul 25, 2003
310 posts
Toronto
divx wrote:I have firefox installed awhile ago, don't like using it because I'm very used to Maxthon, but it's based on IE6 and IE6 come with too many holes.
there's your reason to switch to firefox or mozilla
Banned
Dec 26, 2004
2987 posts
6 upvotes
Opera 7.54 or try Beta 8
I have Vitiligo, it is there, but it is white (it = my eyebrow)

Shadow Dweller
My B/S/T:
Antenna 4 Sale: [URL]http://redfla
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
But I'm not currently affected by any of the holes and I feel no different using IE and firefox. Have to use IE at work but I'm allowed install firefox.
chopstickhero wrote:there's your reason to switch to firefox or mozilla
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2004
1834 posts
694 upvotes
Toronto
bleh, dont be too fast to switch to firefox yet.. sure, less security holes n stuff.. but a lot of pages also dont display as intended as a high percentage of sites were coded specifically fo IE ( and yes i kno its not complaint to the standards ) .. oh and not to mention it takes a while to load ;)

ive frankly never come across any problems with getting viruses etc by using IE, mainly because I have a sorta 6th sense in knowing what sites to goto and what not to.. :D and i have the proper virus scan / adware utilities on my comp..

oh.. yes IE desparately needs tabbed browsing (/me crosses fingers for IE 7)

firefox is an amazing browser but it has yet to be a total replacement for IE imo.. maybe when its market share goes up and people start coding their sites according to standards and not the pseudo code
Deal Guru
Feb 6, 2003
10715 posts
1254 upvotes
Vancouver
entity wrote:bleh, dont be too fast to switch to firefox yet.. sure, less security holes n stuff.. but a lot of pages also dont display as intended as a high percentage of sites were coded specifically fo IE ( and yes i kno its not complaint to the standards ) ..
That's what the IEView extension is for. :D
<< Public Mobile, Zoomer Wireless, Uber Eats, DoorDash, Tangerine, Coast Capital user >>
FS: 6TB HDD, Pixel 2, Phanteks LP cooler, free stuff
MY HEATWARE
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2004
1834 posts
694 upvotes
Toronto
then you my friend have made a full-fledged switcher outta me :P
(gotta test this when i go home tho :D )
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
9 upvotes
CA
Amourek wrote:That's what the IEView extension is for. :D
HOw do you use IEView? Or is it done automatically as long as you have the extension? i.e. if you go to a site that FF has problem with, do you have to go to options page to set it up, or FF will automatically detect your extension and load the site with IEView?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)