Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2006
3193 posts
444 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…

Recall: Dollarama LED night light bulb

http://rspc-cpsr.hc-sc.gc.ca/PR-RP/reca ... re_id=1181

[IMG]http://rspc-cpsr.hc-sc.gc.ca/PR-RP/serv ... otoId=4163[/IMG]

This recall involves L.E.D. Night Light Bulbs sold by Dollarama Inc. The bulb is clear white and can be identified by model number 06-3000860.

Hazard Identified
The recalled light bulbs are not certified to Canadian standards and have not been evaluated for safety hazards. The recalled light bulbs may pose a fire hazard to consumers.

There have been no reports of incidents or injuries related to the use of these light bulbs.

Corrective Action
Consumers in Ontario should immediately stop using the recalled product and contact Dollarama Inc. for a refund.

For more information, consumers may contact Dollarama Inc. at 1-888-755-1006. Consumers may also view the release on the Electrical Safety Authority's website .

Number Sold
Approximately 9,520 of the recalled light bulbs were sold in Dollarama stores in Ontario.

Time Period Sold
The recalled light bulbs were sold from November 2007 to May 2010.

Manufactured in China.
3 replies
Jan 4, 2011
100 posts
61 upvotes
I think I'll wait a while before I stock up on any potentially-flammable LED night-lights.

They are supposed to make it safer for me to navigate my house at night, not burn it to the ground while I sleep.

<--- Aiming to be "Thanked" on 10% of my posts. Please Help!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
6756 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah, no surprise here. Buying electrical items at a dollar store = Your house smoldering
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
Feb 26, 2009
436 posts
32 upvotes
Sudbury
Yet more cheaply made Chinese junk being recalled, what a shock.