Recent Amazon.ca delivery experiences

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2017 9:52 pm
[OP]
Aug 17, 2009
410 posts
186 upvotes

Recent Amazon.ca delivery experiences

I do not buy enough from Amazon.ca to make use of their Prime service. I ordered last Saturday some stuff over $35 directly from Amazon.ca (i.e. not from 3rd party retailer), so it qualified for the free delivery. As of right now, 2 days later, my CC was not charged, nor is there any movement on my delivery. All items are shown in stock. I'm supposed to have the items by this Friday.

Can anybody let me know if this is typical?

Thanks.
42 replies
Aug 24, 2006
430 posts
96 upvotes
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 3:34 pm
I do not buy enough from Amazon.ca to make use of their Prime service. I ordered last Saturday some stuff over $35 directly from Amazon.ca (i.e. not from 3rd party retailer), so it qualified for the free delivery. As of right now, 2 days later, my CC was not charged, nor is there any movement on my delivery. All items are shown in stock. I'm supposed to have the items by this Friday.

Thanks.
typical more than likely you will get in time.
Its delayed on purpose cuz there delivery time is so fast if they didnt delay shipment it would be fairly pointless to get prime. I typically get non prime shipments 1 day after they ship it. MAX 2 days..
May 26, 2006
935 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
Mar 20th, 2017 3:34 pm

Thanks.
This happened to me once. I ordered something on a weekend and it was supposed to be delivered the Friday of the upcoming week. It was a kid's birthday gift so getting it on time was important. There was no activity until the Thurs I believe and it did end up coming on the Friday. I think I actually went out and bought the gift at Toys R Us in the meantime since I wasn't confident it would still come on time, but it did.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
3025 posts
1181 upvotes
They ship on the last possible day, and you pray that Canada Post delivers on time.
[OP]
Aug 17, 2009
410 posts
186 upvotes
Thanks, everybody. Too bad they do this, but I get their point. Otherwise no one would be getting Prime.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3673 posts
683 upvotes
Sask.
My last three or four orders have all come a day or two earlier than the scheduled date.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
18060 posts
4630 upvotes
A quarter of my deliveries are same day. Others that miss the cutoff are next day.
A couple that aren't in Vancouver are 2 day. Sometimes 3 day randomly.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
2526 posts
239 upvotes
Mar 20th, 2017 4:03 pm
Thanks, everybody. Too bad they do this, but I get their point. Otherwise no one would be getting Prime.
They probably have the best/fastest shipping out of all the Canadian retailers. Don't worry about it.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1359 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
I have Prime, and Canada Post can still be hit or miss. They suck at the guaranteed delivery dates. You can only trust Dynamex for getting same-day or next-day shipments on time.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3223 posts
959 upvotes
poorwingman wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 6:28 pm
They probably have the best/fastest shipping out of all the Canadian retailers. Don't worry about it.
I think Best Buy is the best free shipping. I've had stuff show up less than 24h after ordering. May be proximity though.

Amazon almost always ships mine the night before the promised delivery date because it is only going Mississauga-->Cambridge, 60km. I think if it is going farther, that's where you see variation (if CP beats its delivery guarantee).

But yeah, they absolutely do delay shipment if you are non-Prime.
Oct 15, 2016
3 posts
2 upvotes
Its always canadapost fault. I ordered led lights from amazon. They were late by 2 days, i called them and they refunded my money without asking any questions. Two days later i found out that canadapost messed up and then i received the parcel. I called amazon again and told them that they can charge me back as i received the item, but they didn't charge me and told me that you can have it as a gift. So basically i got 94 dollars lights for free.
Jun 23, 2015
33 posts
7 upvotes
Campbell River, BC
I rarely get my amazon stuff by Canada posts. Usually FedEx or UPS.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
4563 posts
1117 upvotes
Space
A friend of mine who works at Amazon told me that delays on shipments are never maliciously delayed . The whole process is automated and processed as they come. What usually causes delays with multiple items is that they need to be shipped from warehouse to warehouse first and then shipped to the customer. Amazon has warehouses in BC and Ontario. Depending on your location shipping varies wildly. I get most of my items within 2 days ( semi rural Ontario ).
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
4563 posts
1117 upvotes
Space
Can't beat their service. They recently let me keep a 50$ item because it was late in shipping. Top notch service.
adilmk wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 11:46 pm
Its always canadapost fault. I ordered led lights from amazon. They were late by 2 days, i called them and they refunded my money without asking any questions. Two days later i found out that canadapost messed up and then i received the parcel. I called amazon again and told them that they can charge me back as i received the item, but they didn't charge me and told me that you can have it as a gift. So basically i got 94 dollars lights for free.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel