Pets

The recent pit pull mauling reminded me of a personal incident, where I almost killed a neighbor's dog.

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2018 8:07 pm
Jan 23, 2017
730 posts
518 upvotes
Calgary
Mistersprinkles wrote:
Jan 29th, 2018 2:13 pm
. . .

Honestly bro having read this, and your other posts, I think you are a menace to society
Absolute ticking time bomb..
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
19451 posts
6821 upvotes
Ottawa
I've witnessed a poodle punted like a football by a dad; after the pooch ran his kid down.
Owner didn't say a peep....picked the dog up and went on his way.
Jul 5, 2017
71 posts
22 upvotes
I used to think that "Dogs are seriously misunderstood creatures" But the fact is, Humans are seriously misunderstood creatures.

We give a blind eye to all the abuses we do to the Dog breed and conveniently pinpoint and exaggerate incidents where dog attacks humans. Its humans who have trained the dogs to be fighter dogs, its humans who have destroyed breeds by mixing them to make exotic breeds for money and its humans who have caged and enraged breeds to attack hostile when their natural instinct is love and affection. We have lot to learn from Dogs... all few learnt is to bark like them. But for no reason :)

There's no need to be paranoid about Dogs being on leash or unleashed. You don't need to carry defensive objects and carry intention to kill them if attacked. Try to learn how to command over them. There are bigger things that we need to watch out of in this world.

Anyhow, that was my little rant. no intention to hurt anyone's feelings. Good day
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1706 posts
379 upvotes
Markham
Dogs can't be blamed since they can't talk back.
Humans are to be blamed for violence. You have a higher chance getting harmed by another human than a dog. Check the news.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1296 posts
722 upvotes
Ottawa
What is with OP and seeing everyone as an "enemy combatant"? Were you in the military? Do you have PTSD from something? Please seek help because it is not healthy to view people like this. Serious reply here.
"Those who return to Canada after leaving to fight for ISIS can be an extraordinarily powerful voice for preventing radicalization in the future." - Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
Sep 16, 2006
839 posts
143 upvotes
Pickering
iflyplanes wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 11:57 am
What is with OP and seeing everyone as an "enemy combatant"? Were you in the military? Do you have PTSD from something? Please seek help because it is not healthy to view people like this. Serious reply here.
Agreed. When your instinct when something "almost" happens that could have been tragic, but doesn't, is to grab car keys and stab, stab, stab then you have major issues my friend. I can't imagine what would have happened if your child was actually hit by a car. Would you decapitate the driver and passengers and drink their still-warm blood? Psychiatrists exist. They're covered by the gov't. They give you medication.
Feb 2, 2006
228 posts
24 upvotes
OP have you ever spoken with a therapist? If you haven't I suggest you do. The amount of rage you have can't be healthy for you or your family.
Nov 16, 2011
372 posts
151 upvotes
HAMILTON
Dogs should not run loose unless on your own property or in an area designated as leash free. If they are loose and attack you, they are fair game.

This comes from a person who has a few dogs so I am not anti dog or any other such thing.

I run into this fairly often when going to Conservation Areas during the off season. Not so bad with 1 dog running loose but when 2 or 3 or more people are around and their dogs are loose, they are inclined to pack up in a group, Can be problematic when you are walking a leashed dog,

After a few episodes with stranger dogs and their owners, got a fairly sturdy walking stick which helps me along but also can discourage stranger dogs/people.
You can also buy a very cheap metal cane at the $ Store to take with you while walking,.
Sep 16, 2006
839 posts
143 upvotes
Pickering
luckystrike1 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2018 9:42 am
Dogs should not run loose unless on your own property or in an area designated as leash free. If they are loose and attack you, they are fair game.

This comes from a person who has a few dogs so I am not anti dog or any other such thing.

I run into this fairly often when going to Conservation Areas during the off season. Not so bad with 1 dog running loose but when 2 or 3 or more people are around and their dogs are loose, they are inclined to pack up in a group, Can be problematic when you are walking a leashed dog,

After a few episodes with stranger dogs and their owners, got a fairly sturdy walking stick which helps me along but also can discourage stranger dogs/people.
You can also buy a very cheap metal cane at the $ Store to take with you while walking,.
I don't get people, man... carry a metal cane? Why stop there, why not go full-blown-American and carry an assortment of assault rifles and knives? Oh right, you can't because this is Canada, and we don't play that **** here.

OP- Get help from a psychiatrist before you end up in jail for murder, or worse, end up dead because you messed with someone even more savage than yourself. Seriously bro. You have issues. Get help.
Nov 16, 2011
372 posts
151 upvotes
HAMILTON
In Jail for Murder or worse ???? What are you talking about ??? Who said anything about attacking people ?? I didn't mean people packing up and attacking my dog. Maybe you need a few lessons in reading comprehension.

Pardon, what is it you don't get. If I am out walking my dog on a leash and a bunch or even 1 or 2 dogs come up and attack it, I am supposed to say poor puppy and just walk away while my dog is maimed and injured and still being attacked.
Are you a loon or something ?
Any rational person would use a stick, rock, hands, feet to try and stop the attack on their animal in the meantime putting their own health on the line. This attack, of course, if by the stranger dogs and not their owners. A walking stick or cane ( metal or wooden ) is used for walking. Should you or your dog be attacked, it has other uses also.

What kind of person would accept that type of behavior.
Are you than much of a pacifist that you would not defend yourself or your dog if need be? And the stupid exaggerations about guns and knives just show the level of immaturity that you have.
Frankly, you appear to the be one that requires not only psychiatric help but maybe a whole lot more.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10184 posts
1027 upvotes
luckystrike1 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2018 3:26 pm
In Jail for Murder or worse ???? What are you talking about ??? Who said anything about attacking people ?? I didn't mean people packing up and attacking my dog. Maybe you need a few lessons in reading comprehension.

Pardon, what is it you don't get. If I am out walking my dog on a leash and a bunch or even 1 or 2 dogs come up and attack it, I am supposed to say poor puppy and just walk away while my dog is maimed and injured and still being attacked.
Any rational person would use a stick, rock, hands, feet to try and stop the attack on their animal in the meantime putting their own health on the line. This attack, of course, if by the stranger dogs and not their owners. A walking stick or cane ( metal or wooden ) is used for walking. Should you or your dog be attacked, it has other uses also.

Are you than much of a pacifist that you would not defend yourself or your dog if need be? And the stupid exaggerations about guns and knives just show the level of immaturity that you have.
Frankly, you appear to the be one that requires not only psychiatric help but maybe a whole lot more.
Just for clarity, Mistersprinkles was referring to OP, the person who started this thread in getting help. If you read OP's other threads, you'll see he really seems unstable and it almost seems like he's looking for an excuse to kill. This has been posted already, but here it is for reference: what-would-you-do-driver-nearly-ran-ove ... r-2165250/

Also you need a cane. That's fine. But do you not see why it's wrong to suggest that others to go get a metal cane to use solely as a weapon?
Sep 16, 2006
839 posts
143 upvotes
Pickering
luckystrike1 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2018 3:26 pm

You totally overreacted to a post that wasn't even meant for you...
And yes, if you are attacked, defend yourself. I think carrying weapons around because you EXPECT to get attacked is a bit paranoid, especially in Canada, but that's not the point. I was referring to the OP and his comments in this and other threads such as when he said that somebody "almost" hit his child with their car (but they didn't hit the child) and he lost his mind and stabbed the person with his keys.
Nov 16, 2011
372 posts
151 upvotes
HAMILTON
Wait a minute here " bro "

Here is what you said in response to my post

" I don't get people, man... carry a metal cane? Why stop there, why not go full-blown-American and carry an assortment of assault rifles and knives? Oh right, you can't because this is Canada, and we don't play that **** here.

OP- Get help from a psychiatrist before you end up in jail for murder, or worse, end up dead because you messed with someone even more savage than yourself. Seriously bro. You have issues. Get help. "

Now, the direct reference to a metal cane etc was not meant for me ??? And no, it was no more of an over reaction than your post.

Anyways, life goes on.
Sep 16, 2006
839 posts
143 upvotes
Pickering
luckystrike1 wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2018 8:01 pm
Wait a minute here " bro "

Here is what you said in response to my post

" I don't get people, man... carry a metal cane? Why stop there, why not go full-blown-American and carry an assortment of assault rifles and knives? Oh right, you can't because this is Canada, and we don't play that **** here.

OP- Get help from a psychiatrist before you end up in jail for murder, or worse, end up dead because you messed with someone even more savage than yourself. Seriously bro. You have issues. Get help. "

Now, the direct reference to a metal cane etc was not meant for me ??? And no, it was no more of an over reaction than your post.

Anyways, life goes on.
Yes the metal cane part was meant for you as you suggested carrying a metal cane. The part that says OP was meant for the OP.