Tags:
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
1406 posts
188 upvotes
MB
alanbrenton wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 1:03 pm
What is the OP's BIL's prediction for 2019 besides a recession?
He won’t disclose until this thread is upvoted.
Sir David Attenborough: someone who believes in infinite growth is ‘either a madman or an economist’
Deal Addict
May 11, 2014
2583 posts
1745 upvotes
Iqaluit, NT
ukrainiandude wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 2:21 pm
Other than for the sheer entertainment that this OP has given us, there is no reason to upvote this forum. And I really highly doubt anyone cares whether they get upvotes or downvotes. Obviously he has his own (unpopular) opinion.
Support your local Credit Union!

Sask Pension Plan Upto $6200/yr in Credit Card spending on RRSP contributions
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/sask-pen ... ns-2167222
Deal Addict
May 25, 2008
1356 posts
542 upvotes
Mississauga
xgbsSS wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 2:41 pm
Other than for the sheer entertainment that this OP has given us, there is no reason to upvote this forum. And I really highly doubt anyone cares whether they get upvotes or downvotes. Obviously he has his own (unpopular) opinion.
Agreed....that BIL piece is Gold. When @freilona connected it to Garth's column I couldn't stop laughing Face With Tears Of Joy. OP nailed it with the market bottom.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
47557 posts
13243 upvotes
ukrainiandude wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 2:21 pm
I did upvote the thread.

Better safe than sorry.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
14656 posts
5844 upvotes
rodbarc wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 5:28 am
Japan is not US. Japan's 30 year bear market is unique to that country specifically, a country with a different economy, and its different driving dynamics, because Japanese are savers, not spenders, so stimulating credit doesn't help them. Japan cannot be compared with North America.
I respectfully disagree with you. IMO what we are seeing is China's rise technologically. They have been replicating Japan's far more advanced technology and manufacturing for years now. China's products are never as good, but they are more than good enough for the mass market, and they make up for any weakness with much cheaper prices. There is going to reach a point in time when they overtake the USA, and Canada by extension. There are more gifted students in India and China than there are students in the USA and Canada combined. We are witnessing the slow fall and decline of the Holy Roman Empire AKA the United States of America. This has been happening for at least a couple of decades now. Trump's protectionism is only going to make matters worse.

The fact of the matter is that corporations will go for cheaper labor every time. Wherever it's cheapest. Perhaps Africa will be the next place they outsource to. We can't fight it. It's just reality. Globalization. It happened a long time ago.

We can blame Trump for this entire mess IMO. He has been an inept (and racist) president from day one. A complete moron intellectually and he shows signs of mental/emotional instability also. Just look at the guy and think to yourself, why did he go into politics? He was already rich. He's in it for the power and he is in all likelihood highly narcissistic. He is a dangerous man to have in power. Sadly we have a lot of these guys on the world stage. The Chinese president doesn't give his people freedom. Putin is ruthless and he clearly usurps his people's money based on his vast wealth. The leader of Russia should not be the richest man in the world. How much does Justin Trudeau make? $200,000? $300,000? He's a small fry and he always will be in all likelihood. The list of these corrupt leaders goes on and on. Look at the Middle East. North Korea. So many places.
I am a Public Mobile customer.
Oct 14, 2015
525 posts
179 upvotes
SickBeast wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 4:34 pm
We can blame Trump for this entire mess IMO. He has been an inept (and racist) president from day one. A complete moron intellectually and he shows signs of mental/emotional instability also. Just look at the guy and think to yourself, why did he go into politics? He was already rich. He's in it for the power and he is in all likelihood highly narcissistic. He is a dangerous man to have in power. Sadly we have a lot of these guys on the world stage. The Chinese president doesn't give his people freedom. Putin is ruthless and he clearly usurps his people's money based on his vast wealth. The leader of Russia should not be the richest man in the world. How much does Justin Trudeau make? $200,000? $300,000? He's a small fry and he always will be in all likelihood. The list of these corrupt leaders goes on and on. Look at the Middle East. North Korea. So many places.
Since you brought it up ...

Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
6228 posts
4758 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
OP back and digging the hole deeper. This time with some Trump Derangement Syndrome. Must have caught it from the BIL.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2014
1645 posts
750 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hey c’mon, he’s sharing his thoughts -and it’s a discussion forum.. :)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
6228 posts
4758 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
kilburn305 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 8:41 pm
these trumper permabulls are about to get vaporized.
Thanks for that. It further reinforces that many (not all) bears are driven by dogmatic political positions. Leave the making money to the big boys and the deranged bears can cling to their 50% crash scenarios.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
6228 posts
4758 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
freilona wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 7:09 pm
Hey c’mon, he’s sharing his thoughts -and it’s a discussion forum.. :)
And I'm sharing mine. The point being these mega bears are largely driven by Trump hate.

Those motivations need to be laid bare for those looking to these threads for investment ideas that...
will...actually...make...money.
Aug 16, 2015
321 posts
54 upvotes
cartfan123 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 8:55 pm
Thanks for that. It further reinforces that many (not all) bears are driven by dogmatic political positions. Leave the making money to the big boys and the deranged bears can cling to their 50% crash scenarios.
I don't care. I'm not American I just look at the facts.

you do realize that the tax cuts are deficit funded right? maybe cons can explain why balanced budgets matter when their hero trump obviously doesn't give a horses petute about that? Just wondering.

and i'm sure the market will love nothing more than the rise of protectionism/populism and upheaval of global order. Right?

conservatives do seem to love their alternative facts.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
6228 posts
4758 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
kilburn305 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 9:09 pm
I don't care. I'm not American I just look at the facts.

you do realize that the tax cuts are deficit funded right? maybe cons can explain why balanced budgets matter when their hero trump obviously doesn't give a horses petute about that? Just wondering.

and i'm sure the market will love nothing more than the rise of protectionism/populism and upheaval of global order. Right?

conservatives do seem to love their alternative facts.
Again, thanks for laying bare what your "axe to grind" is. There might be some on here that thought you were actually approaching this sub forum to make money, when in fact you've just wandered off from the "off topic" sub forum to push an obvious agenda.
Aug 16, 2015
321 posts
54 upvotes
cartfan123 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 9:14 pm
Again, thanks for laying bare what your "axe to grind" is. There might be some on here that thought you were actually approaching this sub forum to make money, when in fact you've just wandered off from the "off topic" sub forum to push an obvious agenda.

I like precious metals and short QQQ.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

ksgill, rodbarc