Food & Drink

Recomendations for Chinese BBQ/Roasted Suckling Pig

• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2010 4:21 pm
Jul 21, 2004
1077 posts

Recomendations for Chinese BBQ/Roasted Suckling Pig

Hi, I need a whole suckling pig. Can anyone recommend a place in scarb, markham or richmond hill? Looking for something good and dont mind paying a bit more.

9 replies
Apr 5, 2009
135 posts
BBQ place on 1 spadina rd in richmond hill just north of Regal 16 restaurant. last time i saw it only cost $99 for a roast piglet.
Apr 13, 2003
379 posts
+1 for Ho Ho. They're at Midland/McNicoll.
Jul 21, 2004
1077 posts
Hmm.. thanx for the replies. I personally don't find Ho Ho bbq that great. Tried it a few times and thought it was average. (roast pork, bbq pork, duck and soya chicken) If in that plaza I rather go to the bbq place in the corner of the food court beside ho ho. The line ups there are usually longer than at ho ho's. Sometimes there would be no one at ho ho but a very long line at this place. (In the food court). They also have roast goose which most place don't have.

Anyways I could only think of the bbq place inside chartwell centre, the place behind oriental centre, the food court east of boston in the plaza for the suckling pig. Was hoping maybe there is something better.

From what I know you have to order the suckling pig in advance.
To clear the confusion for some suckling pig is a baby pig. The pig you usually see hanging is the larger pig.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
7261 posts
Yup, I usually buy them from food court stores that sell these things.

Ask them for the prices. They roast them everyday for their "hangings" anyways, so they will have it before they cut the little piggies into pieces.

Cost should be around $100 Cdn. That's what I think I paid last time when I got one.
Proof markets are trading with Technical Analysis: proof-why-we-not-using-fundamentals-market-1201524/
A common sense guide to Technical Analysis: ... Guide.html
My Online Trading Academy (Toronto) review: online-trading-academy-my-experience-952660/
My real RFD stock trading tracking: tracking-my-stock-picks-rfd-1228103/
Jan 23, 2004
359 posts
Oh, there's a bbq place in scarborough village (midland and silver star), they also have suckling pig also.
Apr 19, 2005
645 posts
If by "BBQ Pork", you mean Cha Siu, then I've had some good experiences with Shark Fin City in Pacific Mall and Sam Woo at Bamburgh Circle. Granted these places charge a fair chunk of change, but they are tasty.

I generally cheap out and just get supermarket Cha Siu from Feng Tai in Bamburgh circle. I usually wait until it goes on sale for ~$2/lb or less. It's definitely not as tasty as the places I listed in the above paragraph, but compared to other supermarket Cha Siu and also to many food courts, it's surprisingly good. Even at regular price, which is something like $3.50/lb or $4/lb, it's still not too shabby.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2005
1928 posts
Is HoHo closed? I called today, rang for 5 minutes, no answer.
× < >