[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2006
1038 posts
102 upvotes
Calgary

Recommandation for a good emailing list code / program

Hi All,

Could someone provide me with a good setup for users to subscribe to my emailing list on my website? :)

thanks!
Alberta Auto, Home, Business and Travel Insurance Broker
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
5242 posts
902 upvotes
Aweber is the best and used by pretty much every internet marketer in the world.
aweber.com

My affiliate link :)
Nov 10, 2009
112 posts
30 upvotes
The best email list management system I know of is Mailchimp.com. Trying to manage lists on your own, via code on your site, is time consuming, you risk landing on grey and blacklists and and campaign tracking is difficult.

Mailchimp allows you to create, manage and track campaigns for your email lists, and more importantly, sign up and manage users with the ever increasing legal requirements around email list management. Users that sign up to your list are able to update their information and unsubscribe easily and Mailchimp has some good brand recognition that people trust. You get very good tracking on who has opened each email, forwards, and interactions and you can create and manage email templates.

They have numerous ways to increase list signups including custom links to a hosted signup page, embeddable widgets for your website and more. You can manage up to 1000 subscribers with 6000 emails sent per month for free. If you need more, pricing is competitive with similar services. Documentation is very good and their support team is great.

I'm not affiliated with the service in any way, other than being a happy user of the service. www.mailchimp.com
Jul 5, 2006
541 posts
1 upvote
I've never personally used MailChimp, but it comes highly regarded.. Especially after they introduced the free plan, how can you go wrong? If you're running your website in a CMS, you can also check to see if there are any plugins/add-ons that plug into MailChimp. I'm aware that ExpressionEngine has a quality add-on to do just that.