• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2017 2:02 pm
[OP]
Sep 8, 2006
211 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto

recommend an ADD doc in Toronto

Hi guys, I'm looking for an ADD doctor in Toronto. I've already got one but am getting zero benefit from him and I'm just starting to realize how big a role ADD is playing in my life.

Unfortunately it seems like there aren't many docs who specialize in ADD and the ones that do aren't taking any new patients.

Can anyone advise?

Also, if you have any helpful tips / resources / anecdotes / anything that might help with this, please feel free to share.

Thanks!
Dan
4 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
13066 posts
625 upvotes
For Kids: Dr. Richards - our kids see her
For Adults or Kids: Springboard Clinic (they are great!) - I go here
[OP]
Sep 8, 2006
211 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
nalababe wrote:
Feb 14th, 2017 6:30 am
For Kids: Dr. Richards - our kids see her
For Adults or Kids: Springboard Clinic (they are great!) - I go here
thanks a lot! it's for me so the clinic i guess. are they free? would i speak to a specific doctor or whoever's there?
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
13066 posts
625 upvotes
bigdan wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 5:06 pm
thanks a lot! it's for me so the clinic i guess. are they free? would i speak to a specific doctor or whoever's there?
Some stuff is covered. Some would be covered by health insurance if you have it.

The initial assessment is a combination of psychologist and psychiatrist so there is a split as to what is covered. Now, if you have insurance...and a partner, then they will be interviewed too and therefore some can be against their coverage. Afterwards, the visits are covered by OHIP, but coaching (should you want it - personal, workplace) would be covered by private insurance.

I've liked everyone I've met. As for your treating doctor, once you have one, unless there is an issue, you would stay with her....and book your appointments accordingly.

Meds covered by drug plans
Aug 24, 2016
24 posts
2 upvotes
My oldest son saw dr Feldman at sick kids. I'm not sure if he also sees adults. I know his time is split between 2 hospitals. We never paid for any of his services/apts/tests/etc. And when we didn't have medical insurance, he gave me cards that lessened the price of the meds. (It was a while ago so I don't recall the specifics of this part)
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel