Recommend cordless light snow shovel for steps

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2018 2:10 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3771 posts
475 upvotes

Recommend cordless light snow shovel for steps

I have snow removal service but they don’t do my steps and landing, and I also need to do my back deck so I can get to the BBq.

Do they actually make a decent automatic snow shovel to do this? Or am I just throwing away money?

Who makes the best one? And can it handle wet snow?
17 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2007
2379 posts
504 upvotes
Vancouver
Hi,

Are you asking if you can use a cordless leaf blower to remove light fluffy snow? Probably, would depend on how quickly you can get at the fluffy snow, before the sun starts to melt it & make it unfluffy.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
2712 posts
1058 upvotes
How much shoveling do you need to do? An electric snow shovel would be too cumbersome for steps and a little path to the bbq in my opinion.

My two cents.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
8426 posts
4667 upvotes
Durham
Rockstead wrote: I have snow removal service but they don’t do my steps and landing, and I also need to do my back deck so I can get to the BBq.

Do they actually make a decent automatic snow shovel to do this? Or am I just throwing away money?

Cordless Light Snow Shovel??? HAHAHAHA! Talk about laziness bro.

Besides ........... there is NO SUCH THING!

Just shovel the damn steps. Or use a broom. Gosh.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2249 posts
858 upvotes
Minden
I think that calling the OP lazy is uncalled for. We don't know the OPs age, physical ability, or medical condition. There are seniors that pass away every year while shoveling snow.

OP.....I don't own an electric show shovel....but I believe that you are referring to something like the Snow Joe electric.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.40v- ... lsrc=aw.ds

Perhaps reading reviews regarding products like this will provide you with the guidance that you requested.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3771 posts
475 upvotes
Lol, you guys are brutal! Either I did a terrible job with my description or you need to provide personal details when you ask for something people think you should do yourselves.

I’ve been hospitalized due to my back, it’s that wet snow that always gets me and I need to avoid shoveling.

I got the driveway taken care with a service but stairs are an issue, I saw cordless mini blowers like this on Amazon, but I’m not sure how well they work for steps, that’s why I was looking for the experience from others.

Toro 38361 Power Shovel 7.5 Amp Electric Snow Thrower https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VU222S/re ... 6BbV2BTRR0

Maybe something with wheels would work better, I’m open to a gas engine if I need to, I just wanted to avoid maintenance and running out of gas when I need it.

Aside from my steps I would use it in the back of the house for my back deck.
Jan 18, 2009
255 posts
143 upvotes
Leask
They are available at Home Depot and Walmart
Aug 18, 2014
602 posts
385 upvotes
Markham, ON
Rockstead wrote: I have snow removal service but they don’t do my steps and landing, and I also need to do my back deck so I can get to the BBq.

There! This is light weight (<5lb), cordless, and only $17
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.gara ... 40361.html

on serious note...I've seen some very portable snow blower, but nothing "cordless"
It takes a lot of power to move snow....so you need some expensive and big battery. (e.g. something like a car battery, which usually weight 40+lb)
Aug 18, 2014
602 posts
385 upvotes
Markham, ON
Rockstead wrote: Lol, you guys are brutal! Either I did a terrible job with my description or you need to provide personal details when you ask for something people think you should do yourselves.

I’ve been hospitalized due to my back, it’s that wet snow that always gets me and I need to avoid shoveling.

I got the driveway taken care with a service but stairs are an issue, I saw cordless mini blowers like this on Amazon, but I’m not sure how well they work for steps, that’s why I was looking for the experience from others.

Toro 38361 Power Shovel 7.5 Amp Electric Snow Thrower https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VU222S/re ... 6BbV2BTRR0

Maybe something with wheels would work better, I’m open to a gas engine if I need to, I just wanted to avoid maintenance and running out of gas when I need it.

This is not cordless....u need to plug it into a socket...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2012
5379 posts
4994 upvotes
Toronto
Rockstead wrote: Lol, you guys are brutal! Either I did a terrible job with my description or you need to provide personal details when you ask for something people think you should do yourselves.

The service won't do the extra work you want? Find a 15 year old on the street and pay them to do it.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
8426 posts
4667 upvotes
Durham

My apologies for saying laziness.

However, it would have been better if you had indicated your reason first and then why you were looking for such a device.

Just blindly stating without a reason behind it ... definitely got these responses and downvotes!
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Apr 18, 2017
807 posts
1669 upvotes
AV-Fishing wrote: My apologies for saying laziness.

However, it would have been better if you had indicated your reason first and then why you were looking for such a device.

Just blindly stating without a reason behind it ... definitely got these responses and downvotes!
Wow, maybe you just shouldn't assume it's a "lazy" person? That's like saying buying a snowblower is for lazy people? Get your head out of the gutters, yeesh.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2808 posts
940 upvotes
Newmarket
AV-Fishing wrote: Cordless Light Snow Shovel??? HAHAHAHA! Talk about laziness bro.

Besides ........... there is NO SUCH THING!

Just shovel the damn steps. Or use a broom. Gosh.
AV-Fishing wrote: My apologies for saying laziness.

How about you use your head a bit and don't say anything if you have nothing positive or helpful to say?
Last edited by Homerhomer on Nov 13th, 2018 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
13375 posts
8307 upvotes
Brampton
They're all going to be as heavy or heavier as a shovel with a full load of snow in it. So that's not going to help you with the steps.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)