Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 12, 2008
164 posts
14 upvotes

Recommend a device for capturing video

Greetings,

Am looking for a device that will enable me to capture HD video while i'm on the go. usage would possibly consist of random of the spur moments; vlogging here and there; and the likes.

I'm open to any kind of device -- portability is an absolute necessity -- though would prefer one that accepts external memory cards and has long battery life whether it be by the default battery/accepts external batteries. Durability would be great but not a requisite

Some devices i've tried:

-BB Playbook -- poor battery life, despite the 1080hd 'quality' video felt that the images were subpar
-canon IS powershot elph -- great camera, sturdy but lost it
-gopro 2 hd -- piece of junk

My brother is giving me his samsung galaxy s2 next week which on paper seems to suffice my needs (1080p hd, spare batteries, memory card, portable) but i fear the lack of image stabilization may result in poor videos.

The Sony Bloggie Sport HD Camcorder seems like an ideal candidate but is limited to 4gb of memory and lacks external memory capabilities.

All in all, i'm open to trying any kind of device just so long that it works well. Perhaps purchase another canon is powershot elph?

Let me know you're suggestions!

Thanks
3 replies
Feb 1, 2004
916 posts
320 upvotes
Markham
Not sure how much you are willing to spend, but I picked up a used Sony HX9V for video a couple of months ago. The best compact camera video out there right now.
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
475 posts
35 upvotes
"DIAMOND VC500" its a good device for capturing videos. Its the USB video capture device. It can be perfect for you.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1184 posts
110 upvotes
Vancouver
Never thought of an iPhone? It shoots 1080p.

Hero2 cam is not a piece of junk by the way and all RIM products are subpar especially when it comes to photo/video