Recommend games like Zelda, BOTW for my wife

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 6:53 pm
[OP]
Jan 3, 2017
195 posts
146 upvotes

Recommend games like Zelda, BOTW for my wife

I ended up buying a switch about a month ago and somehow my wife decided to start playing Zelda BOTW. Now she's hooked. She went from "Why do you stay up until 2am playing video games?" and not understanding the appeal and never touching them to being the one staying up until 2am playing video games which is awesome and annoying at the same time. It's awesome because we can play video games together and its annoying because now I have to compete for the system with my 3 kids and now her, lol

I need recommendations for similar type games on either the PS4 or the Switch. They can't be to complicated or "difficult" or else she won't have any interest in them. It doesn't have to be multiplayer or something we can both play, just something "easy" for lack of a better term.

The 2 games she's currently playing and loves are Zelda BOTW and Plants vs Zombies, she tried Plants vs Zombies 2 and doesn't like it because they made the game more complicated by adding in all the different areas and loading zones. If it helps at all on Zelda she loves to cook and explore, has no real interest in finishing the main story yet but she wants to explore the entire map, literally every inch of it. And she's always cooking new recipes.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5335 posts
1737 upvotes
Toronto
Horizon Zero Dawn with the difficulty set to story or easy
Jan 26, 2008
701 posts
44 upvotes
Scarborough
You should have her try everything and find out what her niche is. Perhaps she'd find a game that keeps her playing all night long. That'd be trouble. haha

Let her try Mario Odyssey. That's a game to explore. Not difficult which fits the bill or have her play Bloodbourne. Guaranteed to not touch the ps4 again. You'd have that console to yourself. =]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6038 posts
1319 upvotes
Super Mario Odyssey
Skyrim Special Edition
Heavy Rain or Until Dawn
Diablo III Ultimate Evil Edition
Overcooked
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
6022 posts
811 upvotes
Grimsby
Yeah agreed on Mario Odyssey, that will keep her hooked for quite awhile.
Nov 12, 2014
151 posts
32 upvotes
Kingston, ON
My partner likes the Lego games
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
2780 posts
232 upvotes
Ottawa
fryguy1987 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 4:01 pm
If it helps at all on Zelda she loves to cook and explore, has no real interest in finishing the main story yet but she wants to explore the entire map, literally every inch of it. And she's always cooking new recipes.
For some reason the first thing that comes to mind is Aquaria. Brilliant game, years ahead of its time – except in your case I guess you would be stuck with the Android port.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquaria_(video_game)