• Nov 8th, 2018 2:06 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
39242 posts
3518 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
blexann wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 5:22 pm
Marche in Brookfield Place for the variety and quality.
Yah... and for the simple palette type. They got some good pasta and chicken parm.
And a tasty roast beef dinner station.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2206 posts
297 upvotes
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 4:55 pm
I agree about Real Sports. Since this is an afternoon game OP won't be the only people to pick a restaurant after the game. Real Sports bar is the closest one and people will flock to it. Also looking at the Raptors' schedule, their only afternoon game left this year is next week. Leafs are not in town, but they are playing at 7pm. Real Sports will fill up with Leafs fans too. Also real Sports food has taken a nose dive. They used to have really good food, but it's now no better than most other places in that area.

If you don't mind a 15 minute walk, Amsterdam Brewhouse is pretty good... and has a kid's menu without the loud annoying screaming kids of Old Spaghetti Factory or Boston Pizza.
+1 to Amsterdam Brewhouse, that place is pretty good

Sad to hear Real Sports food has declined, and the prices increased too, right?
Apr 12, 2005
847 posts
97 upvotes
I dont want to flame/insult anyone but there are some really terrible takes here

Lol
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2003
5352 posts
176 upvotes
Mississauga
superizzy wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 6:40 pm
I dont want to flame/insult anyone but there are some really terrible takes here

Lol
Agreed. Unfortunately, tourist area so options are somewhat limited. Maybe Rec Room for something a bit different, but the food wasn't anything to cry home about.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
1047 posts
180 upvotes
superizzy wrote:

Lol
Ok then... care to enlighten us?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6254 posts
2330 upvotes
Toronto
superizzy wrote:

Lol
Password wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 7:25 pm
Ok then... care to enlighten us?
bump ya I'm intrigued to hear this persons opinion given the context and requirements of your wifes tastes and somewhere nearby
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5298 posts
740 upvotes
Toronto
I suppose the date night already happened. If I had a date that wasn't really into food, I'd just go to The Keg on Esplanade. For some reason for people that have palates like 14 year olds or those that don't go out for dinner often, The Keg seems like it's the zenith of restaurants.

I remember me and my SO "stopped in" to eat there and upon being seated, the server asked if we were celebrating anything... embarrassing.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10609 posts
1284 upvotes
No Frills wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 4:15 pm
I suppose the date night already happened. If I had a date that wasn't really into food, I'd just go to The Keg on Esplanade. For some reason for people that have palates like 14 year olds or those that don't go out for dinner often, The Keg seems like it's the zenith of restaurants.

I remember me and my SO "stopped in" to eat there and upon being seated, the server asked if we were celebrating anything... embarrassing.
It's probably this Saturday. Raptors haven't had an afternoon game this season yet and the first one is this Saturday. The next one isn't until January.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6254 posts
2330 upvotes
Toronto
No Frills wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 4:15 pm

Thought about this and that location is nice but I figured if you're coming downtown for a date it'd be nicer to try something at least a little different than a chain you can find everywhere else in the GTA and Canada
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
1047 posts
180 upvotes
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 11:21 am
It's probably this Saturday. Raptors haven't had an afternoon game this season yet and the first one is this Saturday. The next one isn't until January.
Yup. This Saturday against the Knicks.

So far, the shortlist is Mercatto and e11even.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10609 posts
1284 upvotes
Password wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 1:33 pm
Yup. This Saturday against the Knicks.

So far, the shortlist is Mercatto and e11even.
I've been to both... except the other locations of Mercatto. When I worked near 1 Dundas, Mercatto was often the team lunch destination. Now I work near the lake and I've been to a few team lunches at e11even. Between the two, I think your wife would like Mercatto better. Just call them now to make a reservation as every restaurant gets packed in that area on a Saturday night.