Deal Fanatic
Dec 21, 2005
5204 posts
427 upvotes
Markham
nikels21 wrote:
Apr 27th, 2017 9:48 am
ahh forgot about sandvine, I have looked into them in the past
Yeah...no debt and sitting on $110 mil of cash & investments (haven't followed it long enough to know why it has so much cash relative to its market cap).
:idea: :) :lol: :razz: :D
Sep 1, 2014
251 posts
151 upvotes
Ontario
nikels21 wrote:
Apr 27th, 2017 5:18 pm
thanks...forgot about them

I may be alone here, but I think SHOP could be the most successful Canadian tech stock ever. Its on a bit of a correction right now, but they are primed to take over ecommerce.

Again, speculatice, but I see SHOP skyrocketing in the next year (more than it has already)
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 18, 2015
1308 posts
362 upvotes
Ottawa,Ont
Stive85 wrote:
Apr 27th, 2017 6:40 pm
I may be alone here, but I think SHOP could be the most successful Canadian tech stock ever. Its on a bit of a correction right now, but they are primed to take over ecommerce.

Again, speculatice, but I see SHOP skyrocketing in the next year (more than it has already)
I agree, I picked some up yesterday when I sold HCG.
Sep 1, 2014
251 posts
151 upvotes
Ontario
nikels21 wrote:
Apr 27th, 2017 7:42 pm
I agree, I picked some up yesterday when I sold HCG.
I think we are in a good position. I'm interested to see what Amazon's positive earnings reaction will do at open tomorrow. I see a lot of people taking profits with Amazon first thing and maybe buying Shopify before it goes on it's next surge.

On top of that, these sudden ratings changes, that basically praise the stock, only to downgrade it....coupled with the mild correction this week, is fishy to me.
Nov 23, 2014
268 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Stive85 wrote:
Apr 27th, 2017 8:41 pm
I think we are in a good position. I'm interested to see what Amazon's positive earnings reaction will do at open tomorrow. I see a lot of people taking profits with Amazon first thing and maybe buying Shopify before it goes on it's next surge.

On top of that, these sudden ratings changes, that basically praise the stock, only to downgrade it....coupled with the mild correction this week, is fishy to me.
actually there was a rumor 2 days back that ebay is planning to take over,which later turned to be just a rumor..and came few downgrade advice.. stock corrected a little bit
I think Amazon may acquire SHOP, sooner or later
Sep 1, 2014
251 posts
151 upvotes
Ontario
unodos wrote:
Apr 27th, 2017 8:49 pm
actually there was a rumor 2 days back that ebay is planning to take over,which later turned to be just a rumor..and came few downgrade advice.. stock corrected a little bit
I think Amazon may acquire SHOP, sooner or later
I hadn't seen one article mentioning that ebay rumour, but will take your word for it. Still seems odd to me though.

i hope they aren't acquired yet, I see too much independent potential. Plus, the CEO seems to want to steer the ship.
Nov 23, 2014
268 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Stive85 wrote:
Apr 27th, 2017 9:08 pm
I hadn't seen one article mentioning that ebay rumour, but will take your word for it. Still seems odd to me though.

i hope they aren't acquired yet, I see too much independent potential. Plus, the CEO seems to want to steer the ship.
FYI http://www.investors.com/news/ebay-take ... ed-rumors/

I said SHOP may be acquired by amazon