• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2016 8:12 am
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
2245 posts
457 upvotes
Toronto

Recommend a monitor for 1440 gaming and 4k resolution

I've been looking for a monitor to play on my GTX 1070, also for 4k Video for my rendering, and camera Raw photo edits. I don't what is a good one, because features seem to be missing even on higher end ones from things I've read on the forums. My budget for a monitor is $600, is it possible to find a monitor like that?

Currently my monitor setup are two 23 inch 1080p ISP panels, but I want one screen to reduce my real estate because I will use it for rendering with my Cintiq, so I don't have much space for a Cintiq and Two monitors.
1 reply
Jul 1, 2009
711 posts
133 upvotes
Umm you do realize that 1440p and 4K are mutually exclusive right? A panel cannot be both native 1440p and 4k at the same time.
But if you mean a 1440p monitor for 4k video rendering, the monitor resolution is independent of the rendering resolution of whatever you are rendering.
If you are seriously photo editing, then not only would you need to look for an IPS screen, but also invest in a hardware color calibrator. What features are missing that you are having issues with?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)