Entrepreneurship & Small Business

Recommendation for Invoice Factoring Company?

• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2018 12:38 pm
[OP]
Apr 12, 2004
117 posts
37 upvotes
Montreal

Recommendation for Invoice Factoring Company?

Our company is looking to get more liquidity and so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with an Invoice Factorying company?

I have a short list from our accountant but looking for any recommendations based on actual past experience.

Thanks!
3 replies
May 21, 2015
122 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
I talked to one during a franchise show. wanted 20% basically and will deduct daily a small amount. They offered 9 and 12 months of financing.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
12272 posts
2937 upvotes
Here 'n There
Fundthrough's and all factoring company's interest rates are ridiculously high. You can get a much lower rate with a personal credit line from a bank like simplii.com (they gave me about $50K @ prime + 2% unsecured when I opened my account over 20 years ago when they were PC Financial but YMMV), a HELOC, or even taking advantage of the 0%/1% 6-12 month credit card no interest balance transfers (that can just be a transferred to your bank account). Of course with multiple shareholders you'd want everyone's loan-in contribution to be proportional to their respective shareholding. Another option is to just give a discount to your customers for paying early. However, many customers have cash flow issues too.

Factoring companies should be a very last ditch solution.
Celebrating

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)