• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2017 10:43 pm
[OP]
Sep 30, 2009
488 posts
101 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Recommendation for monitor arms

I am looking to mount my dual monitors and trying to figure out which mounts to buy. I don't need crazy swivel nor will I be moving the monitors much once they're set. Some information, my 2 monitors are different sizes. One is 24" and one is 27" . I want to have the 27" as close to the middle as possible while having the 24 arced on the side.

I was wondering if it is better to buy a dual monitor mount setup or buy 2 single arms. With the dual monitor arm setup, I am worried that there is not enough clearance for me to arc the smaller monitor enough to join the 2 monitors as closely together as possible. I tried the Dell MDS14 and that went terribly wrong.

Haven't really decided if I want wall mount or C-clamp style.. recommendations would be great. Also, my desk is right up against my wall, with 0 space. I have seen some videos where some of these monitor arms need you to pull your desk out a bit. I can't pull my desk out at all.. so the arms will need to be flat along the wall.

preferably under $200.
4 replies
[OP]
Sep 30, 2009
488 posts
101 upvotes
Richmond Hill
omote wrote:
Jun 19th, 2017 9:52 am
Not sure if it fits your needs, but I installed this dual mount for my boss and it seems to work quite well.

Kanto DM2000

Staples lists it for $129.99
https://www.staples.ca/dm2000/directory ... _1_20001?]
Thanks for the recommendation. That is somewhat similar to the Dell MDS14 I've had.

I think I have decided to get 2 separate arms instead.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2011
1751 posts
744 upvotes
Saint John
The Amazon Basics arms are outstanding. They are rebranded Ergotrons, the best in the business.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Sin ... 00MIBN71I/

I have the wall-mount single arm model. Really solid, never wobbles, stays exactly where you put it. I had two cheaper mounts before this one, and I can definitely say it's worth the extra money. There is a dual arm desk mount as well if you don't want to go wall.
[OP]
Sep 30, 2009
488 posts
101 upvotes
Richmond Hill
birthdaymonkey wrote:
Jun 19th, 2017 9:44 pm
The Amazon Basics arms are outstanding. They are rebranded Ergotrons, the best in the business.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Sin ... 00MIBN71I/

I have the wall-mount single arm model. Really solid, never wobbles, stays exactly where you put it. I had two cheaper mounts before this one, and I can definitely say it's worth the extra money. There is a dual arm desk mount as well if you don't want to go wall.
Ahh, I just saw your post.. I was contemplating all night and just pulled the trigger on a Rosewill dual arm mount from NewEgg. It's 46% off and came in at $96 shipped. I was deciding between the Amazon Basic one, Rosewill and the in house Canada Computers iCAN brand. Couldn't find any reviews on the Canada Computers one (seemed to be a ripped off version of Loctek), and with the Rosewill coming in at half the price of the Amazon Basics I got that instead. I wanted the Ergotrons LX but they were too costly, and then found out the Amazon Basics were basically the Ergotrons rebranded. Now I'm having slight buyers remorse.. but will see how the mounts from Rosewill perform first.

My biggest concern is that because I have a 24" and 27", it is hard to mount it so there will not be space between the 2 monitors. Right now, my 2 monitors are positioned so there isn't any gap inbetween. Hoping I can achieve the same thing with this mount.