Parenting & Family

Recommendation for Pediatric Dermatologist in GTA?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2017 9:14 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2014
1177 posts
412 upvotes
Toronto

Recommendation for Pediatric Dermatologist in GTA?

Can anyone recommend a good pediatric dermatologist in the GTA? My 3 month old daughter has eczema and I'm trying to get it under control. All doctors will do is prescribe hydrocortisone and I want to try and avoid the use of it, if possible.

Also, has anyone had to go through this with their kids? If so, do you have any tips on which products to use and a routine?
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7215 posts
745 upvotes
GTA
My daughter had eczema although not severe. She didn't have it on her face - mainly arms. Hopefully you will find it gets a little better now that warmer weather is coming. My daughter (now 3 1/2) still has a bit of it but really only in the winter months. It clears up as the warmer weather arrives (I know that may not be the case for everyone).

I can't recommend a dermatologist, but for my daughter Glaxal Base cream worked very well for her. It doesn't have any parabens in it and is a thick cream that was very protecting. We did (and still do whenever she lets us) put it on after baths and more often in the winter months.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Jun 10, 2008
226 posts
87 upvotes
Brampton
Hello. I cannot recommend a dermatologist but what worked for us was Aveeno Baby Eczema wash and cream. Quick wash every night, pat dry and immediately put the cream on. Another layer of cream in the morning. Desitin diaper cream o the bum. We did use the hydrocortisone cream only during bad flare ups.
Nov 24, 2014
49 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto, ON
thisischris wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 12:38 am
Hello. I cannot recommend a dermatologist but what worked for us was Aveeno Baby Eczema wash and cream. Quick wash every night, pat dry and immediately put the cream on. Another layer of cream in the morning. Desitin diaper cream o the bum. We did use the hydrocortisone cream only during bad flare ups.
+1
other than the Desitin cream (we used skinfix, yellow tube) our regimen was the same.