• Jan 8th, 2016 2:59 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 15, 2015
118 posts
13 upvotes
Milton, ON

Recommendations on cable/sat TV?

I was hoping to get some suggestions on cable or satellite TV. Just a quick history of myself;

-Married last year
-Bought a house in Milton, ON
-Signed up with START communications internet plan and have had no issues (25/10 Unlimited - Paying roughly $75.00 including taxes)
-We stream a lot through Netflix/Kodi as well as have a few hard drives full of movies/tv series.

My wife has been asking me to look into some cable packages/options. She is a fan of reality tv, and I am a fan of basketball and baseball and it would be nice to have the option to turn on the t.v anytime to these stations rather than looking for or waiting for streams to be available, in poor quality. I was so proud to be one of those people to "cut the cord" even though we started with no TV in the first place, but now I think it's time to give in.

I've looked into the cable packages available and it would be nice to stay under $50. And hey, if it turns out I can get an Unl. internet + TV package to be the same amount even better! I have considered NBALeaguePass but I thought I might as well get a t.v package so the wife can have her shows as well. The previous owners also left their dish on the roof which has two cables that run to the living room (main entertainment room). I've looked into the whole Antenna option, but then we'd be limited to what is available.

I've also read that we will soon have the option to select exactly which stations we want with our t.v packages? I'm very much out of the loop and would appreciate any input/advice you can give me.
5 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18196 posts
36555 upvotes
Scarborough
Might be worth waiting until March to see what Rogers and Bell decides to do with the introduction of pick-and-pay. Supposedly they'll both offer a slim package at $25 and then you can add individual channels or small packs on top. Could very well end up costing more than existing packages depending on what or how many channels you want to add though.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Penalty Box
Nov 13, 2010
7814 posts
1865 upvotes
Scarborough
OP, sorry that you're giving in.

there are always deals when signing up, try to get promotional/discount bundle or something.......does start offer cable tv?
Or you may need to go to Bell/Rogers again
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
Buy android box and get iptv with all the great addons and never pay a cent again I have been doing that for years now just a food for thought :) )
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6348 posts
6702 upvotes
Center of Canada
What kind of IPTV you can get? can you share some?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
cheapshopper wrote: What kind of IPTV you can get? can you share some?
I get all channels I use tvonip and get everything and that's a paid service there isnother s that are free suh as team expat

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)