Recommendations for a Child Dentist

• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2017 7:04 am
[OP]
Jan 22, 2017
47 posts
14 upvotes

Recommendations for a Child Dentist

My toddler son has the area above the gums turning kind of black in color.

Any recommendations for a good child dentist?

Thanks
8 replies
Nov 13, 2013
714 posts
244 upvotes
OTTAWA
I am sure there are lots. Location might be helpful. I have one I can recommend in Nunavut does that work for you or are you looking for one in the Centre of the universe AKA Toronto? Even assuming you are in Toronto you might want to specify what part.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
4128 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
Is tooth extraction necessary for a 7 yr old if it's going to fall out anyways? Is it necessary to go with a pediatric dentist?
[OP]
Jan 22, 2017
47 posts
14 upvotes
fogetmylogin wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 1:38 pm
I am sure there are lots. Location might be helpful. I have one I can recommend in Nunavut does that work for you or are you looking for one in the Centre of the universe AKA Toronto? Even assuming you are in Toronto you might want to specify what part.
I am in North York/Scarborough (GTA)
Mar 9, 2012
825 posts
255 upvotes
KITCHENER
membrs wrote:
Apr 25th, 2017 12:54 pm
I'd recommend Dr. Wong on Homer Watson in Kitchener, about an 70 minute drive for you tho. He does anesthesia so if you have good benefits or cash, you don't have to put the child through the stress of it all.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2191 posts
381 upvotes
Montreal
greg123 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 8:04 pm
Is tooth extraction necessary for a 7 yr old if it's going to fall out anyways? Is it necessary to go with a pediatric dentist?
yeah definitely have to see a dentist!! Doesn't have to be pediatric though.

It's not like the problem is only the tooth. If it's a cavity, it can get into the nerve and deeper in the gum.
You definitely have to treat it / see a dentist, because otherwise the next teeth won't grow.
Koodo & Tangerine customer since 2006
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2007
4829 posts
792 upvotes
Peterborough
Did he fall and bump the tooth?

Both of ours (twins) have fell and bumped teeth. The black you see could be dried blood at the gum line. Ours had that. Within a few weeks the whole tooth may discolour to a grey/brown tinge. That is blood that has got into the tooth and dried. Sometimes they go back to normal colour. Both ours did.

The Dr. will say there's pretty much nothing you can do as it is a baby tooth. They will probably suggest an xray to ensure no damage to the adult tooth. They will say watch for the formation of an abcess which is like a red pimple above the gum line of the injured tooth. It can take a week or two to form if one comes.

The area you are talking about is rare to have a cavity. Thats why Im thinking it was some sort of trauma. Sounds very similar to what we went theough with ours.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1242 posts
94 upvotes
GTA
membrs wrote:
Apr 25th, 2017 12:54 pm
Dr. Deborah Lin in Scarborough. She only does children's teeth.