• Jan 3rd, 2019 12:48 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2012
1102 posts
252 upvotes
London

Recommendations for a custom overcoat?

I'm looking for recommendations for places that can do custom overcoats. My price range is about $1,000. Thanks!
6 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2799 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered mine from Indochino (for $469 during the black Friday sale,) and just received the first draft.
Arms, waist, and hips need to be slimmed. Chest needs to be opened up, and shoulder rotation needs to be changed.
I suspect it needs to be remade because of the shoulders.

I'm going to be visiting the store this weekend to have it checked out and will report back on the outcome.

I did not know Spier did MTM overcoats.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2799 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
hdave wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 11:58 am
I ordered mine from Indochino (for $469 during the black Friday sale,) and just received the first draft.
Arms, waist, and hips need to be slimmed. Chest needs to be opened up, and shoulder rotation needs to be changed.
I suspect it needs to be remade because of the shoulders.

I'm going to be visiting the store this weekend to have it checked out and will report back on the outcome.

I did not know Spier did MTM overcoats.
Update:

They are going to let out the chest, and take in the waist and hips. No issues there.
Arms are actually OK and don't need to be slimmed down.
As for shoulders, they are going to alter them slightly and said it will fix the issue, I personally am skeptical of this, but will wait and see how it goes.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2799 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
hdave wrote:
Dec 10th, 2018 10:52 am
Update:

They are going to let out the chest, and take in the waist and hips. No issues there.
Arms are actually OK and don't need to be slimmed down.
As for shoulders, they are going to alter them slightly and said it will fix the issue, I personally am skeptical of this, but will wait and see how it goes.
Update:

Their tailor cannot do the modifications.
They are going to re-make the coat.

Camel fabric is out of stock, and no update on when it will return.
I chose burgundy instead.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2012
1102 posts
252 upvotes
London
Cool good to know. I ordered one from a place downtown but their camel is out of stock so I'm looking at options. It'll probably be either Suit Supply or Spier and Mackay.