• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2019 4:32 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
5072 posts
380 upvotes

Recommendations for Oil Mister?

I've been using a Misto oil mister for my cooking oil for a couple of years now. The problem is that it often gets clogged, requiring a thorough cleaning at the most inconvenient times.

Any recommendations for a good oil mister that will last a long time and doesn't clog?

I'd prefer something where the vessel is stainless steel or glass (and not plastic).
Last edited by Arrow on Jan 13th, 2019 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
2170 posts
803 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
I think the answer is to use a oil that doesn't dry. I've given up misting for the most part with olive (or any other) oil. Olive oil is not suppose to dry so I wonder if the stuff I last used has been adulterated (very possible since a lot more olive oil is consumed than produced worldwide.)
Almost too cheap to shop through RFD
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11774 posts
11412 upvotes
Oakville
Would a regular water sprayer work? Or is the oil too thick?
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
2170 posts
803 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
engineered wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 5:33 pm
Would a regular water sprayer work? Or is the oil too thick?
The trouble is, I think, the plastic most often used will impart a taste (or other stuff) if oil is stored in the vessel.

Good idea though especially if one can find those old metal horticultural sprayers such as the Haws (with construction that does not result in metals leached into the oil) that uses air pressure and not an inline pump.

I see the below but have no idea how well the pump holds up.

https://www.kitchenkapers.com/products/ ... rayer-16oz
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
5072 posts
380 upvotes
thriftshopper wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 2:59 pm
I think the answer is to use a oil that doesn't dry. I've given up misting for the most part with olive (or any other) oil. Olive oil is not suppose to dry so I wonder if the stuff I last used has been adulterated (very possible since a lot more olive oil is consumed than produced worldwide.)
Hm, interesting thought. I had been using grapeseed oil but never thought of that.

I'd prefer something where the vessel is stainless steel or glass (and not plastic).
Apr 5, 2009
572 posts
143 upvotes
I use Trudeau brand stainless vessel but plastic cap from kitchen stuff plus.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
2170 posts
803 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Has to be plastic somewhere. A metal container may impart a taste, which is why the Misto and the Evo brand above have plastic liners. Only thing that will do otherwise is a glass vessel.
Apr 12, 2005
876 posts
118 upvotes
hmm

I have a couple of cheapish ones I have been using for years. One for olive, one for avocado

Never had an issue with clogging.

Both are plastic lined stainless.