Entrepreneurship & Small Business

Recommendations for someone to help set up a 3CX/Voip.ms system in GTA?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2019 4:28 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2002
1459 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto

Recommendations for someone to help set up a 3CX/Voip.ms system in GTA?

I currently have a Nortel ICS system with ~10 lines and know next to nothing about 3CX/Voip.ms. Is there someone you guys can recommend who can help me go over the benefits/drawbacks of the switch and figure out how to setup the new system?
12 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2002
1459 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the tip. How did you feel about the features of 3CX vs the Virtual PBX of Voip? I'm getting surprisingly few results for this on Google for a head-to-head comparison.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2004
1203 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
I've got a few clients on both "setups"... one is using voip.ms for configuration, the other using 3cx as PBX with voip.ms just being the trunk provider.

3cx is MUCH easier to manage when you start getting into higher volumes of subaccounts to manage, provision phones etc.. They both work, but I much prefer using 3cx. One thing i particularly like about 3cx is that once a user account is set up, can generate a welcome email (customizable of course) giving users their voicemail password, link to the softphone app for their mobile device, etc. and there's a QR code that they can automatically configure the app by scanning the code. Super handy when you aren't onsite to do this for everyone.
Mar 1, 2017
25 posts
12 upvotes
I can help you if you still need it.
I work on and support 3CX and VoIP.ms every day.
It is my go to phone system for clients.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2002
1459 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
I currently have 2 voice numbers with 3 further roll over lines, and 3 fax lines. All on Nortel ICS. What would be a reasonable rate for someone to get the system set up for me?

I'm also trying to avoid a disaster scenario where all the lines are ported but nothing works.
Mar 1, 2017
25 posts
12 upvotes
If you have the pc installed with Win 10 it would be 1-2 hours. PM me and we can talk.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
14252 posts
4156 upvotes
Here 'n There
bigredlemon wrote:
Aug 28th, 2019 7:55 pm
I currently have 2 voice numbers with 3 further roll over lines, and 3 fax lines. All on Nortel ICS. What would be a reasonable rate for someone to get the system set up for me?

I'm also trying to avoid a disaster scenario where all the lines are ported but nothing works.
That is a very simple system. voip.ms can handle roll over and fax swimmingly without having to resort to the extra cost and complication of 3CX.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2002
1459 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks! Any suggestions on what would be a good solid voip option to replace our Norstar M731x phones?
Mar 1, 2017
25 posts
12 upvotes
What do you mean an option to replace your Nortel phones?
Do you want to know which IP handset to get to replace that handset? If this is your question decide on your phone system first. Many hosted phone services require the Polycom handsets. The 3CX phone system works great with Yealink or Grandstream phones.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2002
1459 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
That's a great point. I had thought that all VOIP phones would be compatible but I guess not always. Sounds like Grandstream is the go-to brand if I'm going with either Voip.ms hosting directly or through 3CX then?
Mar 1, 2017
25 posts
12 upvotes
Yes. They are okay phones for a good price.
They will work with either service.