• May 21st, 2012 10:59 am
Tags:
None
7 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2007
10908 posts
1323 upvotes
Are you talking about a Rogers box or one to get free over the air HDTV from Buffalo?

A LED TV should already have the capability to get over the air TV built-in, no additional converter required
[OP]
Nov 24, 2009
56 posts
Toronto
l69norm wrote:
May 20th, 2012 1:12 am
Are you talking about a Rogers box or one to get free over the air HDTV from Buffalo?

A LED TV should already have the capability to get over the air TV built-in, no additional converter required
Hmmm I did not know that :( Okay let me try looking for that and see.

Thank you!
[OP]
Nov 24, 2009
56 posts
Toronto
mslofty wrote:
May 20th, 2012 1:17 am
Hmmm I did not know that :( Okay let me try looking for that and see.

Thank you!

I tried last night where I scanned all the channels. I was able to pick up a bunch with no video just sounds. It did not make all that difference.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
11056 posts
671 upvotes
Toronto
mslofty wrote:
May 20th, 2012 9:27 am
I tried last night where I scanned all the channels. I was able to pick up a bunch with no video just sounds. It did not make all that difference.

Did you connect an antenna to your tv before scanning?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 4, 2009
7663 posts
761 upvotes
North York
Subscribe to whatever HD TV service that is available in your building. If it is Rogers, subscribe to Rogres cable + HDTV pack and get a HD cable box or HD PVR/cable box.

Whatever service one subscribes to, one must get the cable box for that service. (ie. if Rogers, get a Rogers box, if Bell get a Bell box.)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
5086 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto
audit13 wrote:
May 20th, 2012 10:57 am
Did you connect an antenna to your tv before scanning?

Look at the back of the TV for the antenna conmector. If you don't have an antenna, use a piece of wire or even a straightened out paper clip, stick it into the centre of the antenna connector, switch to antenna rather than cable, scan and you should get at least 14 channels over the air (OTA). And its all free and legitimate!
[OP]
Nov 24, 2009
56 posts
Toronto
Jimbobs wrote:
May 20th, 2012 10:05 pm
Look at the back of the TV for the antenna conmector. If you don't have an antenna, use a piece of wire or even a straightened out paper clip, stick it into the centre of the antenna connector, switch to antenna rather than cable, scan and you should get at least 14 channels over the air (OTA). And its all free and legitimate!

I wont break the antenna connector will it? I will try that. Also will a digital converter box help at all?

Actually I just use a pin and try it, it does not pick up anything :( I am going to buy a converter box and see if that help.
× < >