• Sep 15th, 2013 1:10 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6112 posts
660 upvotes
SW Ontario
rdha wrote: Our two 4 years old Pekingese has been on Orejin Regional RED for the last 3 1/2 years ever since we got them from the breeder.. they only consume about 2 largest bag ( much cheaper per kilo ) per year total.. so not exactly to expensive to feed them the best...

The small store we used to buy from suggested the largest size bag but split it into smaller sealed bags for storage to keep fresh. Most of the time, the best before date is over a year away.
This is actually pretty important. Intact those bags you put it in should be FROZEN to keep it fresh. Once open the bag of food is only really good, or at least optimum for a month or two. We usually buy a big bag, fill the food storage container, then freeze the rest. We use scans, so similar to your food.
Dec 18, 2006
437 posts
428 upvotes
I have a toy poodle and i have been feeding the same 6 fish by orijen for the past two years. I visited the vet couple months ago and she had some allergies so they recommend us to try another brand/food. I bought a small bag of wellness small breed recently and looks like she is scratching even more now. I'm wondering if it would make a difference if i try another type of orijen or should I try another brand?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6112 posts
660 upvotes
SW Ontario
dk1021 wrote: I have a toy poodle and i have been feeding the same 6 fish by orijen for the past two years. I visited the vet couple months ago and she had some allergies so they recommend us to try another brand/food. I bought a small bag of wellness small breed recently and looks like she is scratching even more now. I'm wondering if it would make a difference if i try another type of orijen or should I try another brand?
How quickly is the change? If it were me I'd do an elimination test of sorts. Maybe just feed boiled chicken for a few days (short term only) and see to be sure it is actually in the food. Raw food could be an option if it is food related. Different varieties under the brand will have some different ingredients but also many many shares ones. Compare to acana maybe? My pet store has a money back guarantee for any reason. So see if yours does or if another does so you don't wast too much money on it.
May 30, 2010
255 posts
17 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Why not try a sample bag of Orijen Regional RED.... ?? My Pekingese never liked the fish & chicken variety of Orijen... but love the beef flavour..
dk1021 wrote: I have a toy poodle and i have been feeding the same 6 fish by orijen for the past two years. I visited the vet couple months ago and she had some allergies so they recommend us to try another brand/food. I bought a small bag of wellness small breed recently and looks like she is scratching even more now. I'm wondering if it would make a difference if i try another type of orijen or should I try another brand?
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4453 posts
260 upvotes
markadam wrote: orijen is the best dry dog food and my vet advice me to feed my dog orijen

sorry tough to trust low post users, with all the viral marketing crap going on and telemarketing online firms being hired to post to boost products up and all

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)