Travel

Recommended Vacation Spots For A Single Male?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2013 9:21 pm
Dec 16, 2008
3 posts
Toronto

Recommended Vacation Spots For A Single Male?

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a vacation spot for me. I am pretty much a travel virgin. I work from home therefore I have the freedom to take off alone for a week.

I am 32 years old single - I am looking to party, have fun and relax. I am looking to go for about 7 - 10 days on a limited budget. I am looking for a tropical destination also.

I was thinking Costa Rica or Cuba...but if anyone can give me some ideas, resources especially for single travelers will be very helpful.

P.S. I am working with a limited budget around 1200 to 1500.

Thanks....
31 replies
Dec 22, 2008
19 posts
Mississauga
Cancun is your best bet, however, not sure your going to get anything that cheap, maybe last min deals.

If your gonna go to Cuba, Veradero is prollly your best bet.
Jun 22, 2007
827 posts
140 upvotes
London, ON
I am 32 and single and I would suggest Cancun as well. Lots of party spots and plenty of 'single' partiers. Cuba tends to be more of a couples destination. I am partial to Acapulco myself, great nightlife and a fun atmosphere. Feb/Mar especially. Acapulco tends to have more of a domestic Mexican following where Cancun tends to cater to more of a N. American/European following. These are the 2 spots I tend to consider the most as a single traveler looking for a fun party place. You can find deals out there in your price range. You just have to know where to look. Try looking at Orbitz. You can find coupon codes that will lower the price to reasonable levels. ENTERTAIN200 will save you $200 off packages over 6 nights on Orbitz. Cheers.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2004
4518 posts
260 upvotes
Victoria
I'd go to Puerto Plata and compete with the sankies at the resort for single babes looking to score. Worst case is you visit a car wash or massage place if you don't find any single girls.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
1515 posts
215 upvotes
Edmonton
dealguy2 wrote:
Dec 30th, 2008 9:53 pm
I'd go to Puerto Plata and compete with the sankies at the resort for single babes looking to score. Worst case is you visit a car wash or massage place if you don't find any single girls.
And what makes you think he has "single babes" and "single girls" on his mind :D

ps what's a "sankie" :?:
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
2856 posts
149 upvotes
London, EU
Single? Virgin? Tropical? Definitely Bangkok and nearby Pattaya.

Have fun, man. Watch out for the ladyboys.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5920 posts
50 upvotes
GT-eh
Erm, have you consider Cuba? The place is very nice and the food is great. Try to avoid South America or Mexico areas if I were you.... :cheesygri :cheesygri :cheesygri

You might want to check out the movie called Turistas before you go... :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0
[OP]
Dec 16, 2008
3 posts
Toronto
Thanks for the tips guys. Because of my budget I will probably end up going to Cuba. I am looking for 7 day package deals. If you find some good ones pls throw them my way.

Cheers....
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2004
4518 posts
260 upvotes
Victoria
Don't do Cuba man it's a trap. The DR is way way better and I'm serious here.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2006
3416 posts
86 upvotes
Halton
Hey. I went to the Puerto Plata by myself when I was 19 two years ago. I stayed at the Riu Batachta it has 2 other sister resorts beside it. I am going there again by myself Feb 7th. They have a 'disco' on the resort. After a couple beers at the bar I spoke to EVERYONE. By the end of the first night I knew almost everyone at the resort. :razz:

Honestly that a nice singles resort.

Don't go anywhere being shy my friend. Talk to everyone and you will will have a wicked time.

if you decide to go when I go i'll cya down there.
Enjoy Life
[OP]
Dec 16, 2008
3 posts
Toronto
Yeah forget Cuba too many Canadians seems like - I might as well stay home if thats the case lol...

I'm now leaning towards peurto plata or sosua Dominican Republic.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2006
3416 posts
86 upvotes
Halton
The Riu was full of Euro's when I went. Zero Americans.
Enjoy Life
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2007
4433 posts
589 upvotes
user01 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2008 12:44 am
Erm, have you consider Cuba? The place is very nice and the food is great. Try to avoid South America or Mexico areas if I were you.... :cheesygri :cheesygri :cheesygri

You might want to check out the movie called Turistas before you go... :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0
You are f'in nuts.....good food and Cuba don't ever go hand-in-hand.

Cancun/Mayan Riviera is THE BEST place to travel out of Cuba/DR/Mexico choices.

I hope you are being completely sarcastic :razz:
Banned
Jun 21, 2005
4231 posts
5 upvotes
readytogo wrote:
Dec 30th, 2008 5:30 pm
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a vacation spot for me. I am pretty much a travel virgin. I work from home therefore I have the freedom to take off alone for a week.

I am 32 years old single - I am looking to party, have fun and relax. I am looking to go for about 7 - 10 days on a limited budget. I am looking for a tropical destination also.

Thanks....
Bangkok, on Pat Pong 1 and Pat Pong 2.
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
3179 posts
198 upvotes
West Side GTA
^^ wonders what the health hygeinic conditions are like over there :confused: can't imagine it being too high from my speculative thinking.

When i was single i made a trip over to New Zealand and did a whole lot of adventuring and thrill seeking stuff. But that's me. Did some bunjee jumping, base jumping off auckland tower *guide wires so not really base jumping*, did some mountain biking stuff like that. If you're into that trek out to NZ. Not to mention their lamb is some of the best mmmmm.... :)
× < >