• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2017 8:33 am
[OP]
Nov 29, 2015
104 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Recommending a good Family Lawyer in GTA

Anyone could recommend a family lawyer. I am dealing with someone who has a bi-polar or narcissistic personality disorder. There is no parenting plan, nor have begun court process. I need someone that is cost effective since this someone will just continuously delay and/or argue.
4 replies
Mar 9, 2012
887 posts
273 upvotes
KITCHENER
iceman2015 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 10:00 pm
Anyone could recommend a family lawyer. I am dealing with someone who has a bi-polar or narcissistic personality disorder. There is no parenting plan, nor have begun court process. I need someone that is cost effective since this someone will just continuously delay and/or argue.
I can recommend one from Hamilton, who does Family law, and is also a sitting judge (not family law). He charges $400/hour (though it may be higher now).
Nov 7, 2012
670 posts
238 upvotes
TORONTO
Are you working with CAS?
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2448 posts
556 upvotes
Toronto
Cost effective?
Hahhahaha yeah .... good luck :(

Just going through this with my SO’s Ex wife and its a nightmare; even when it “smooth”, it’s not :(

And you have the extra layer of psycholocal/mental disorders.

As a side, please ensure you’re using medically diagnosed labels; every single one of my now-divorced girlfriends called their ex narcissists.
Every. Single. One.
And funny enough, my SO’s ex calls him one too. It’s the most overly used phrases I’ve ever heard in my adult life, to describe an ex.
and I know lawyers would agree.
Just tred on that one very carefully. It makes a partner sound unstable when they’re labeling their ex ... even if it true to some extent. Just a word of the wise.

Anyways,
Judges and lawyers have very little/no empathy for ex’s who use labels like that. They don’t give a sh*t.

Just make sure you’re documenting everything.
Absolutely everything. Because it’s just going to be tons of back and forth. You’ll be paying a lawyer to basically letigate something that’s almost impossible to enforce.

You don’t need a lawyer to put a case together.
Find a family mediator.
They’re a quarter of the price and that’s all you need.
What court process are you speaking of?

What exactly do you want to accomplish?
[OP]
Nov 29, 2015
104 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm not working for CAS.

I'm trying to be the civil person however ex is just making false accusations. we have gone with mediation before but the mediator has stated that we are too far apart in our conditions. I did have a conversation separately with this mediator and she said that ex has controlling issues and we needed to get an arbitrator or judge to take this away. So that option isn't of help as I would have suspected.

Essentially what I want is to have a parenting plan in place, and get more access than just seeing my daughter once a week.

Oh I should probably is there a good lawyer that is familiar in the Newmarket court.