Recruiter ( pre-screen)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 19th, 2017 2:12 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 8, 2017
238 posts
91 upvotes
most recruiters just want to present as many candidates as they can so it looks like they have an impressive amount of resources/candidates so the next time the company is hiring the recruiter hopes the company uses them. it doesn't matter if candidates are qualified or not.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2012
1636 posts
167 upvotes
Canada
aubgray1 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 8:59 am
most recruiters just want to present as many candidates as they can so it looks like they have an impressive amount of resources/candidates so the next time the company is hiring the recruiter hopes the company uses them. it doesn't matter if candidates are qualified or not.
The last recruit I worked with was desperate she needed more resume so she use mine she asked me to tweak my resume in order to suit what the employer was looking for that was a week ago and I never heard back
Feb 8, 2017
238 posts
91 upvotes
recruiters work for the company. that's where the relationship is and that's who pays the commission. you are secondary. if you are a solid candidate then they will shop you to their clients but i wouldn't expect too much
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
7647 posts
839 upvotes
Markham
Why do you feel losing out if you earn that much before and they couldn't match or come close to it?
Are you unemployed for a while and very in deed of a job/income?

Even you accepted the job at a much lower wage, you won't have the mood to work hard for it down the road.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015