Recruitment process at Ontario Public Service

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2019 12:40 pm
[OP]
Sep 9, 2019
2 posts

Recruitment process at Ontario Public Service

Hi,

I would appreciate if someone could advise me in regard to recruitment process at Ontario Public Service and answer my questions.

In May I applied to a job advertised at the OPS site. For 30 temporary positions have applied around 300 applicants.

In June I was called to a small written test and in July I underwent an extensive interview by a panel and wrote another test. All together, they told me, they planned to interview 90 applicants. Two weeks ago I got an e-mail from them asking for additional reference, which I promptly did.

I assume they would not start checking the references of all 90 people (3 references each) – that would take quite a time.

So my questions are:

1) Do I understand correctly that (since I was asked for my references at this stage) I am in the final pool of 30 selected applicants?
2) According to your knowledge, how much time it might take from the references checking stage to the beginning of the employment?

Thank you in advance for your responses
1 reply
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2010
2171 posts
394 upvotes
1) Yes (but to confirm this, did you ask your references that they had received the call from OPS?)

2) Checking reference would not take long but to prepare contract could take long especially this campaign consists of hiring 30 staffs

I say, you are in good shape and just be patient. Good news will come.