• Jan 17th, 2019 11:18 am
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4129 posts
499 upvotes
ew, no one wants to play a game set in Ontario
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Nov 5, 2018
4 posts
2 upvotes
New York
RDR 2 is really cool one. I played like an hour or less at my friends and I was amazed.
I even ordered a PS4 Pro with a copy of RDR 2 for me. Really one of the best game I ever played, despite all my love to League of Legends.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6365 posts
2451 upvotes
Toronto
twitchyzero wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 12:31 am
ew, no one wants to play a game set in Ontario
I've been clamoring for years for a "GTA 6ix" set in Toronto. Toronto has never been more prevalent in pop culture, the soundtrack alone would be insane, we even have a Rockstar studio here that works on these games. It could be amazing.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4129 posts
499 upvotes
will only play if the Champgne Papi is the protagonist
and the opening scene needs to start with "One Dance"
Russell wrote:
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Sep 21, 2004
9513 posts
3188 upvotes
Calgary
GTA V single player is amazing, but RDR2 is on a whole different level.

I am somewhere in Chapter 2, with no urgency to do main missions. I keep getting sidetracked like real life. Random events just keep popping up and I'm taking detours just to explore. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7898 posts
1311 upvotes
Toronto
I just realized there are a few unique weapons that are permanently missable. If you don't pick them up before the mission ends, then you can never get that weapon again.

I'm well into the game but looking to get 100% trophies in this game. Are these missable weapons required for 100% trophy completion? I'm trying to avoid spoilers as much as possible, so a simple yes or no will do.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
6260 posts
243 upvotes
Been loving this game so far. Like others, just busy with side missions lol
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10761 posts
1380 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 11:03 am
I've been clamoring for years for a "GTA 6ix" set in Toronto. Toronto has never been more prevalent in pop culture, the soundtrack alone would be insane, we even have a Rockstar studio here that works on these games. It could be amazing.
I would pay good money for this because of this ⬇
Redmask wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 11:16 am
A game where you're permanently stuck on the Gardiner? HOHOHO I kid, I kid :)
How many times do I see fender bender where the cars refuse to pull over to the shoulder and instead take up 2 lanes on the highway. Or a bus cross an intersection that isn't moving only to block all traffic in all directions. Or the cabbie who needs to make a u turn and cut you off when there's literally no car behind you. Or the idiot who insist on driving 50KM/H on the highway. Give me a rocket launcher and a minigun! Would be such a great stress reliever.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6365 posts
2451 upvotes
Toronto
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 2:22 pm
Give me a rocket launcher and a minigun! Would be such a great stress reliever.
Imagine firing rockets at the Gardner from the top of the CN Tower then once you have 3 stars you parachute down into the open Skydome to make your escape. You heard it here first. #GTA6ix
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
1914 posts
622 upvotes
I bought into the hype and bought the first RDR, back in 2010. I tried to like the game, but abandoned it, about half way through, as I found it a bore. Some people are reporting that RDR 2 is slower than RDR 1. I decided not to repeat the same mistake and I am holding off, this time.

If you have not bought RDR 2 yet, wait. Out of curiosity I checked Kijiji, last week, one week post release, and there were a growing number of RDR 2, selling for $80. I checked again today, 2 weeks post release and for the GTA area, there are 100+ selling the game on Kijiji for $70.

According to metacritic.com, the difference between critics reviews (97 / 100) and users' reviews (7.7 / 10) is starting to grow and there are already a number of reviewers that are criticizing RDR 2 for some of the problems already outlined in this thread (i.e. too slow, game feels like a chore, etc.).

I feel like I made the right decision, reviewing the comments, in this thread. So, if you haven't bought it, wait. I suspect it will go on sale in the near future, but that's just my speculation.
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6365 posts
2451 upvotes
Toronto
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 9:33 am
According to metacritic.com, the difference between critics reviews (97 / 100) and users' reviews (7.7 / 10) is starting to grow and there are already a number of reviewers that are criticizing RDR 2 for some of the problems already outlined in this thread (i.e. too slow, game feels like a chore, etc.).
I don't really pay attention to Metacritic scores and don't find them reliable but I definitely have been noticing a growing trend in terms of games launching to insane amounts of praise from both critics and players initially but then once the hype dies down and more people have had more time with these games, the perception changes to be more grounded and critical.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8265 posts
1049 upvotes
Victoria
ReeGee wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 1:15 pm
I don't really pay attention to Metacritic scores and don't find them reliable but I definitely have been noticing a growing trend in terms of games launching to insane amounts of praise from both critics and players initially but then once the hype dies down and more people have had more time with these games, the perception changes to be more grounded and critical.
I've also found that a lot. People launching their views on release day after only playing the game for a few hours. Given how long games are these days, it would be nice to get a review after someone's had some serious time to play the game.

I still think RDR2 is decent. For me the controls could be a bit more intuitive. Towns could be less hostile if you accidentally bump into someone. At least with a better horse you stop losing them on a random rock or tree. I don't think I like RDR2 enough to bother trying to get all the trophies. At this point I'm mostly trying to do the yellow questions (And some of the white ones). Still only in chapter 4 with about 40% completion. Kinda of trying to finish it now.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4129 posts
499 upvotes
that's even more impressive they're giving almost perfect scores after a few hours...some of the most boring parts of the game.

my previous sentiment still applies. There are so few Western games. You can't approach it like GTA or COD in a new skin

I still use Metacritic as a gauge for purchases. I've found many games well-reviewed that's worth the hype...others I didn't "get"...but that's just the subjective nature of any medium, no? Doesn't mean I think they are bad games.

I believe the game is worth the full price tag on production value alone. You have to do it justice and play it on the One X (rendered at 4K) with a plasma/OLED though. Sorry if the last statement comes off a little high horse.
Russell wrote:

Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5080 posts
764 upvotes
calgary
The game is cool as hell and incredibly well done but it has so many little nagging issues, sometimes it feels like a game made in 2003.

If you asked me its a solid 8.0, granted Im still at the point where Im finding new systems and things to do, I'm not disappointed with my purchase (okay maybe a bit disappointed that I paid full price) but it's not doing it for me like a lot of other highly rated games. The story is so wonderfully assembled, the graphics are incredibly, the open world is magnificently done but their is absolutely nothing rewarding about the gameplay here, like its downright frustrating at times with the lock on aim and the insta-fail missions and for me that is such a big thing to miss on.

But then again I find this to be an issue with most open world games.