• Jan 17th, 2019 11:18 am
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5138 posts
853 upvotes
calgary
ReeGee wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 1:59 pm
I already knew this would happen to some extent but at this point even I'm surprised by how many gripes and issues people seem to have with this game despite overwhelming media praise, absurdly high review scores and GOTY awards implying this is some kind of flawless 10/10 game. I find way more value and pay far more attention to opinions from actual players like the ones shared on this page so cheers to you guys for that. This thread is proof yet again that stuff like metacritic and the media in general shouldn't be trusted
I have my gripes and I imagine they echo most of what you've seen online.

I still think its one of the best games I've ever played, I'd even say its better than GTA 5 (despite being much more limited in scope gameplay wise due to the western setting).
Aug 20, 2009
7036 posts
1722 upvotes
Grimsby
Yeah I agree with Spicy. I listed my beefs last page but seriously it is an incredible achievement overall and features some fantastic characterization and writing. I basically lived that character for many hours, it was such an immersive experience and the attention to detail in that game was obsessive. I don't agree with the sentiment that Metacritic/critics in general can't be trusted, RDR2 earns its scores despite not being a perfect game (what is?).
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
1816 posts
383 upvotes
Ontario
Desert area??? Anyone know how to get there without being chased by bounty hunters?

Worst flaws of this game is all my cool legendary outfits that were wasted and it made me sad...…………...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7988 posts
1374 upvotes
Toronto
webshark wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 9:30 am
Desert area??? Anyone know how to get there without being chased by bounty hunters?

Worst flaws of this game is all my cool legendary outfits that were wasted and it made me sad...…………...
The desert area is made available after you complete the main story.

You can also get there early through a mission glitch, but it's kinda pointless to go early.