PC & Video Games

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Game Discussion

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2018 5:13 pm
Aug 20, 2009
6800 posts
1510 upvotes
Grimsby
Consoles only again at launch, blargh. I hope that the SP campaign isn't compromised by the online component. GTA V received no SP DLC because GTA Online made them 500 million, apparently people really love exchanging real cash for virtual cash.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8206 posts
1019 upvotes
Victoria
Nice! I'm looking forward to it. I don't know if it's me but there seems to have been a lack of single player games (that aren't FPSs) this year. There's not a whole lot that i've been looking forward to playing. The new God of War got teased but doesn't come out for a while. No medieval set RPG's on the horizon. Hopefully Horizon turns out ok.... RDR3 gives me a game to look forward to playing.
Dec 30, 2009
419 posts
87 upvotes
squadz wrote:
Oct 18th, 2016 10:54 am
Guess I should play RDR for the first time now.
same here, I have the GOTY version on PS3 that I haven't even started.....
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3140 posts
525 upvotes
GTA
I lost a lot of trust in rockstar since gta v. They promised to release single player dlc to continue each characters story and it never happened. Feels like they sold out. I honestly don't care about gta v online and always liked the detail they put into single player but with all the talk about RDR online I am worried they'll **** it up
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1460 posts
345 upvotes
jarko wrote:
Oct 18th, 2016 12:14 pm
I lost a lot of trust in rockstar since gta v. They promised to release single player dlc to continue each characters story and it never happened. Feels like they sold out. I honestly don't care about gta v online and always liked the detail they put into single player but with all the talk about RDR online I am worried they'll **** it up
DId they actually promise single player DLC?... because I don't think they did.

Would have been nice though.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3140 posts
525 upvotes
GTA
signore wrote:
Oct 18th, 2016 12:51 pm
jarko wrote:

This is what rockstar wrote in a blog post in 2014
"For those ready to jump back into the story of Grand Theft Auto V, we have big plans for substantial additions in 2014 continuing Michael, Franklin and Trevor's action, mayhem and unexpected adventures in Southern San Andreas."

https://www.destructoid.com/rockstar-te ... 7183.phtml

This is why RDR2 might be a total shit show if they sold out and all they care about now is money and not content.
Aug 20, 2009
6800 posts
1510 upvotes
Grimsby
I'm not sure plans are necessarily promises but fair enough. It's a shame but unfortunately GTA Online made way too much money for them to ignore so I guess that's where their priorities went.

RDR had a massive campaign, if anything it overstayed its welcome a bit. So I wouldn't worry too much, you'll probably get plenty of story stuff. My concern is more with microtransactions and other MP related stuff influencing game mechanics.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1460 posts
345 upvotes
jarko wrote:
Oct 18th, 2016 1:21 pm
signore wrote:
Oct 18th, 2016 12:51 pm
jarko wrote:

This is what rockstar wrote in a blog post in 2014
"For those ready to jump back into the story of Grand Theft Auto V, we have big plans for substantial additions in 2014 continuing Michael, Franklin and Trevor's action, mayhem and unexpected adventures in Southern San Andreas."

https://www.destructoid.com/rockstar-te ... 7183.phtml

This is why RDR2 might be a total **** show if they sold out and all they care about now is money and not content.
Oh wow... and it was even posted by Rockstar: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/a ... ators-this

But yeah, GTA Online made them loads of money and the production costs would be far cheaper than anything story related. Money talks.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3140 posts
525 upvotes
GTA
Redmask wrote:
Oct 18th, 2016 1:32 pm
I'm not sure plans are necessarily promises but fair enough. It's a shame but unfortunately GTA Online made way too much money for them to ignore so I guess that's where their priorities went.

RDR had a massive campaign, if anything it overstayed its welcome a bit. So I wouldn't worry too much, you'll probably get plenty of story stuff. My concern is more with microtransactions and other MP related stuff influencing game mechanics.
Actually I thought the campaign was great and liked the length. Didn't even go online once. But yes hope they don't mess it up with microtransactions and focus mostly on MP. Rockstars true strength was always in story telling so I really hope they don't forget that.
[OP]
Jul 8, 2010
719 posts
201 upvotes
White Bear, ON
mathu83 wrote:
Oct 16th, 2016 11:59 am
This is probably Red Dead Redemption 2 since it would take to long to do a remaster due to the engine they used for the original. Do you think it's possible they show something on HBO before or after Westworld? Steven Ogg is on the show and J Nolan said he played GTA V and Red Dead.
told you guys lol
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4029 posts
474 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Oct 18th, 2016 11:01 am
Can't wait to play this on PC in 2020
RDR never came to PC
I think we'll see this one on PC though...maybe 2018
I can't wait that long...hopefully there's enhanced setteings for PS4P...I remember PS3 version ran like garbage compared to 360's
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7071 posts
391 upvotes
twitchyzero wrote:
Oct 18th, 2016 3:40 pm
ReeGee wrote:
RDR never came to PC
I can't wait that long...hopefully there's enhanced setteings for PS4P...I remember PS3 version ran like garbage compared to 360's
Never mind the PS4 Pro, the Xbone Scorpio should be out by then ;)
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8206 posts
1019 upvotes
Victoria
CFRTim wrote:
Oct 18th, 2016 4:48 pm
twitchyzero wrote:
Oct 18th, 2016 3:40 pm
ReeGee wrote:
RDR never came to PC
Never mind the PS4 Pro, the Xbone Scorpio should be out by then ;)
Holy crap. Didn't think about that. Right now I've been rocking the ps4/pc duo. It's been perfect because most of the games I've wanted to play that were xbox only (or came out earlier on the xbox) were also on the PC, so it was kind of a moot point buying an xbox. I play most games on the PC, and used the PS4 for exclusives (which really seem to have slowed down). Last I read the Scorpio looks to almost be next gen tech, where the ps4pro will be a small upgrade. Maybe that's when I buy an xbox. Switch over and only use the PS4 for exlusives. hmmm.. it could get me to switch...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)