PC & Video Games

Red Dead Redemption 2 official news (TRAILER OCT 20)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2018 9:13 am
[OP]
Jul 8, 2010
678 posts
184 upvotes
White Bear, BM

Red Dead Redemption 2 official news (TRAILER OCT 20)

R* is teasing it on facebook, twitter and their website.

Can't wait for details and i would have to say Red Dead Redemption is my fav game of all time/ R* fav dev and i've been playing games since the mid to late 80's.

UPDATE:

MAP?
(lower part is the map from rdd1)
Last edited by mathu83 on Oct 19th, 2016 11:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
50 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7071 posts
391 upvotes
I'm still waiting on Red Dead Redemption 2. I remember the map for it was leaked back in spring, but that's bout it.
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
[OP]
Jul 8, 2010
678 posts
184 upvotes
White Bear, BM
This is probably Red Dead Redemption 2 since it would take to long to do a remaster due to the engine they used for the original. Do you think it's possible they show something on HBO before or after Westworld? Steven Ogg is on the show and J Nolan said he played GTA V and Red Dead.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6254 posts
1440 upvotes
Red Dead Redemption ended conclusively, and that game was set at the end of the Wild West era.
I think a prequel to Red Dead Redemption would be more likely than RDR2.

I don't think most would like playing as John Marston's son because his character does not really fit the theme
and his story arc is completed.
[OP]
Jul 8, 2010
678 posts
184 upvotes
White Bear, BM
Rumors according to neogaf members:
They started working on it in 2012 and Technicolor (now Rockstar India) are making new animal and creature AI.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
6890 posts
852 upvotes
Let'em take their time and release another golden game. I can wait, there's more than plenty of games out there for current gen systems to flood your play time. Hoping for a fall 2017 release, personally.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7647 posts
820 upvotes
Victoria
It could be both red dead redemption 2 and and prequel. I'd be ok with that. It did seem that James had alot of backstory that happened before the original.

I loved the original. I played it so much it's what RRoD'd my 360 :) I'd probably play it again if there had been a PC version or a remastered version but unfortunately the only way to play it is on last gen consoles :(

It's awesome were finally getting another one!
Aug 20, 2009
6214 posts
931 upvotes
Grimsby
Perfect timing, I'm nearing the end of my current RDR replay. Going by the picture, I wonder if its going to be a multiple POV gang story like GTA5.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1447 posts
343 upvotes
Favourite game all-time.

Would bet on it being a brand new story and world, in the same way GTA games iterate. I'm just not quite sure how you attempt to top, and differentiate from RDR.

Rockstar is beyond overdue for a new game as it's been 3+ years since GTA V. My only fear on this one is that it will be too heavy on the online aspect as GTA Online has printed money for them, and they've sadly ignored any story additions like they did on IV.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
6890 posts
852 upvotes
signore wrote:
Oct 17th, 2016 2:32 pm
Favourite game all-time.

Would bet on it being a brand new story and world, in the same way GTA games iterate. I'm just not quite sure how you attempt to top, and differentiate from RDR.

Rockstar is beyond overdue for a new game as it's been 3+ years since GTA V. My only fear on this one is that it will be too heavy on the online aspect as GTA Online has printed money for them, and they've sadly ignored any story additions like they did on IV.
you improve on RDR with a better script, and maybe a wider array of toys, thats all you need.

GTA 5 was ok, and honestly, outside of the 3-player system and the Trevor character writing, it was a very boring game. I still remember GTA 4 a lot more fondly in a lot of ways, nevermind San Adreas and so forth moving back (oddly, not a fan of GTA 3 as much, though that was a huge leap in the tech department). GTA 1, 2 and London holding a forever special place in my under-teen aged mind (at that time).
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
4549 posts
2124 upvotes
Mississauga
Sweet. RDR 1 was one of my favorite PS3 games.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
982 upvotes
Vaughan
Guess I should play RDR for the first time now.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5534 posts
1816 upvotes
Toronto
Can't wait to play this on PC in 2020