PC & Video Games

Red Dead Redemption 2 official news (TRAILER OCT 20)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2018 9:13 am
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16142 posts
1350 upvotes
TOP SECRET SPAGHETTI…
I wasn't a big fan of RDR partly because I always try to play free roam games as closely as the game was intended and always get sidetracked. I enjoyed it, no doubt, but I found the longevity quickly waned unlike GTA where the scenery was more palatable and relevant.

I will probably wait for it to come on PC before I pick it up just because of the mod potential. That said, I am sitting here pondering why EA has decided to stop producing their NHL series on PC; so much so, I am binging on discussions on the topic and the opinions are mostly split as two possible reasons. 1) it was no longer profitable and they decided to focus on consoles only, hence Madden and NHL are only console exclusives and has been for some time now whereas FIFA with a wider demographic still gets it on PC. 2) Piracy reasons which I guess you could roll into the profitability reasons. With Origin as their gatekeeper of sorts, it would be easier for them to mitigate the losses and still make it worth while.

Sadly, I think people like myself who grew up on the series and loved spending inordinate amount of time customizing the team jerseys, arena advertisements, etc. are no longer the core audience so it's not a big loss to them.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2350 posts
369 upvotes
Ajax
Supercooled wrote:
Feb 4th, 2018 4:04 am
I wasn't a big fan of RDR partly because I always try to play free roam games as closely as the game was intended and always get sidetracked. I enjoyed it, no doubt, but I found the longevity quickly waned unlike GTA where the scenery was more palatable and relevant.

I will probably wait for it to come on PC before I pick it up just because of the mod potential. That said, I am sitting here pondering why EA has decided to stop producing their NHL series on PC; so much so, I am binging on discussions on the topic and the opinions are mostly split as two possible reasons. 1) it was no longer profitable and they decided to focus on consoles only, hence Madden and NHL are only console exclusives and has been for some time now whereas FIFA with a wider demographic still gets it on PC. 2) Piracy reasons which I guess you could roll into the profitability reasons. With Origin as their gatekeeper of sorts, it would be easier for them to mitigate the losses and still make it worth while.

Sadly, I think people like myself who grew up on the series and loved spending inordinate amount of time customizing the team jerseys, arena advertisements, etc. are no longer the core audience so it's not a big loss to them.
Yeah they don't give a flying F. All based on data. Maybe time to buy a cheap console?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1062 posts
338 upvotes
OAKVILLE
Simby wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 6:16 pm
Cheers to them for taking time to make a quality product. I don't mind a delay.
My Amazon preorder had always said Jan 2019 so as far as I am concerned the date has been moved up!
My Xbox Gamertag – KY JELLO
My Bell plan: $60/mo – 5GB, 250 LD, Bell-to-Bell, CD, VM, plus unlimited texting & evenings
Mar 12, 2011
744 posts
313 upvotes
I pre-ordered RDR2 from Amazon for $50, but wondering if I should cancel since it's been delayed so long.
Aug 20, 2009
6529 posts
1190 upvotes
Grimsby
It's coming out on Oct 26th of this year and I doubt it will be delayed again, apparently they have marketing campaigns booked around that date.

$50 is a solid price for the game IMO.