Red Light Camera ticket?
Well usually I am not a fan of the ticket threads; but i got a quick question for you guys.
My dad was driving about a week ago; and was following a semi truck; the truck went through the orange light which at the time my dad could not see because of the semi trucks height; and he followed it assuming it was an orange. My dad was trailing maybe 2 seconds behind the semi and in the pictures the semi truck is clearly visible and it can be seen it might have obscurred his view. On the ticket it states that my dad was below the speed limit but he went into the red light 0.3 seconds.
My dad was originally going to pay for the ticket but I just want to get some opinions before he sends the payment in. Here is what I am thinking on the matter of the ticket:
1. Obscurred view of the traffic light by the semi truck
2. Time was only 0.3 seconds
1. 0.3 seconds is still 0.3 into a redlight
2. Trailing distance could be a factor (although in the picture it looks like a large enough span); they could argue if height was a factor; he should've left a larger gap or changed lanes
3. If traffic light was being obscured; my dad should have stopped before crossing intersection to ensure it was still green?