Food & Drink

RED LOBSTER: How many shrimp did you eat?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2004 12:04 am
Tags:
None
Banned
Nov 30, 2003
641 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
haha man you guys kill me i never ever read any threads in this section but the red lobster thing caught my eye.. I have never been there in my life but been wanting to go very soon and with this deal i think it is my time..

so the shrimp is like cleaned out and the tails are cut off? of do u have to remove the **** and not eat the tail? sorry for sounding ignorant i just don't know.
What's the Dilly?

Hofo Feedback
Heat
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo
I went today.

My advice to anyone that goes is avoid the shrim pasta, or at least leave it to the end. It was good, but it was like eating cement. The pasta bowl just filled me right up. I got in one more order of garlic shrimp before I was stuffed.

Had I stuck to the garlic and fried shrimp I could have ate many more.

I remember looking at the bowl of pasta when whe set it down. I just thought man that's a small bowl. But it was an endless bowl, just kept coming and coming.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1084 posts
3 upvotes
Côte Saint-Luc
haha .. good job team RFD .... 1,000,000 shrimp altogether would be quite an accomplishment!

I haven't made it to RL yet .... is the deal over ?
Create your own custom Avatar @ AbiStation
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2004
1533 posts
netspec wrote:well...I am back = can't type too long - need to lie down...
I stopped counting after the 7th plate (25 shrimp per plate - half garlic and half fried)...they tried to pull a fast one on me by avoiding my table and not filling my water...all in all - took 3hrs and I am stuffed...needless to say the manager was not impressed, but I did manage to draw a small crowd at the end and even took a picture with a couple of tourists...
yo, i totally envy you!!!!!!!!! you totally got all of your money back!!! I went there last time and had garlic shrimp and popcorn shrimp to start with, and then had a fried shrimp as a refill ~~ and yes ~~ thats all i was able to eat ~ SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
Banned
Oct 28, 2003
1741 posts
2 upvotes
Winnipeg, Mb
Only went to RL once and tahts b/c we had a GC to use lol. Find most of thier stuff is pretty pricey, even for seafood.. Might check this out though.. The garlic shrimp they show on their commercials looks so good :cheesygri
beep beep bop beep bup
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
8 upvotes
Mountain View, CA
v_tofu wrote:Only went to RL once and tahts b/c we had a GC to use lol. Find most of thier stuff is pretty pricey, even for seafood.. Might check this out though.. The garlic shrimp they show on their commercials looks so good :cheesygri
I went couple of weeks ago. It was ok. The last 2 times I went to RL (within last 6 months), the food there had gotten a lot more saltier and I didn't like it one bit, especially the garlic shrimp. Last time for regular dinner at the one on Yonge/Steeles, and the AYCE shrimps in Kitchener (Weber/Ottawa). The regular dinner is cool. I wouldn't do it again for the AYCE shrimps, though. It's not like you can't get stuffed anyway with all the biscuits. :cheesygri Just my 2 cents.
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
8 upvotes
Mountain View, CA
tyrred2 wrote:Heroin biscuits (5) sooooo good.
So true....
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
19057 posts
18376 upvotes
Toronto
Went with my buddy to the one near Wasaga (Orillia?). Anyways, he kept ordering the garlic ones. I swear that each batch was saltier than the preceeding one. By the end he was 'washing' each shrimp in an extra glass of ice water. It was actually very disgusting to see, the salt/garlic/butter combo quickly melted the ice and turned the water into the same colour and consistency of Lake Ontario's stuff down by the ferry docks. The waitress was friendly enough and the (salty) refills were cheerfully offered up without delay. I only got to 48 while he punched out at 77. I also tried the fried ones but stayed away from pasta ones (following the thread's suggestions) and popcorn ones (too similar to fried but even more batter). An ok promotion but still think Pizza Hut's AYCE lunch buffet at $6.99 is a better value. Pizza Hut is smart though, they only offer it from M-F knowing that families will come and pig out if it were on weekends...
Nov 29, 2003
400 posts
wanted wrote:What's AYCE?
All you can eat... mmm shrimp... mmm...
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2002
1680 posts
1 upvote
so i'm guessing that it costs extra for biscuits, salad and fries and what not you guys also mentioned you had. so how much does it end up bein all togehter? if its $30-$40 range .. i don't think it's really worth it :P much better restaurants to hit up at that range